What are some reasons others dont like Lion King?

What are some reasons others dont like Lion King?

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 28th, 2014, 5:52 am

I am asking this because I dont know how to answer this an Im being interviewed on it help me out? :oops:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What are some reasons others dont like Lion King?

Postby Elton John » November 28th, 2014, 6:33 am

Some people i've met don't like animated movies. That would be one.

Another would be that they don't like animated musicals, but prefer their animated movies to be more like an 80's don bluth style of movie.

I've also seen people make crazy accusations towards the movie. Some of them were borderline insane.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Titanic-Wyvern » November 29th, 2014, 8:53 pm

Some of the reasons I've seen that people don't like Lion King, or all animated movies in general, is because there are kids movies. Which I think is dumb. >:( Another reason, like hey101hey said, is that people don't like movies with animated numbers, which I can understand.

Some reasons people don't like it seems are some of the crazy accusations against the movie, like it being a rip off of Kimba the White Lion, etc. And some of the accusations I've seen people make, oh boy! :umno:

((Avatar and signature both by Daenerys, thank you so much! :D))

Spoiler: show

^Made for me from Daenerys, thank you! :3
Titanic-Wyvern
"Zu'u lost daal."

"I have returned."

Nickname(s): Titan, Wyvern, Xeno
Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » November 29th, 2014, 9:08 pm

[quote="Titanic-Wyvern"]Some of the reasons I've seen that people don't like Lion King, or all animated movies in general, is because there are kids movies. Which I think is dumb. >:( Another reason, like hey101hey said, is that people don't like movies with animated numbers, which I can understand.

Some reasons people don't like it seems are some of the crazy accusations against the movie, like it being a rip off of Kimba the White Lion, etc. And some of the accusations I've seen people make, oh boy! :umno:[/quote]

Someone I know made an accusation that the movie was about christian white supremacy, and that simba was a metaphor for
Spoiler: show
hitler

The person who made that accusation was dead serious. The dude was also a nutcase.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » December 1st, 2014, 1:00 am

First off, there is a difference between criticism and an outright dislike for the movie. Some people may actually like the movie, but think there are some flaws with it. It's best to read critic's reviews or listen to videos that explain why a person dislikes The Lion King.

The most common reasons of dislike towards The Lion King are they see the movie as a rip-off of Kimba the White Lion, don't like animated (musical) films, don't like anything associated with Disney at all, people think the movie is too dark for young children, or they just don't like it (because it doesn't suit their tastes in film or something).

Other reasons I have seen is that they think it is one of the more overrated Disney animated features, feel like the message of learning from your past mistakes in the movie contradicts itself since Simba, as it turns out, didn't have a past of murdering Mufasa, and a big one is that the movie, to them, has racial and gender stereotypes with the dim-witted hyenas supposedly representing racial minorities and the lionesses depend on a male lion to rescue them from Scar's reign or they submit themselves under a male leadership instead of ruling themselves.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on December 1st, 2014, 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » December 1st, 2014, 3:20 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Other reasons I have seen is that they think it is one of the more overrated Disney animated features feel like the message of learning from your past mistakes in the movie contradicts itself since Simba, as it turns out, didn't have a past of murdering Mufasa, and a big one is that the movie, to them, has racial and gender stereotypes with the dim-witted hyenas supposedly representing racial minorities and the lionesses depend on a male lion to rescue them from Scar's reign or they submit themselves under a male leadership instead of ruling themselves.[/quote]

I'd go deeper into why I don't feel the message contradicts simba not actually having a hand in the death of his father but I just woke up and can't think my best.

As for the racial thing, this isn't fantasia where there are black subservient centaurs or even dumbo where the crows can be interpreted as black people.

Sometimes things are just coincidences, and that while others may interpret the movie as being about racial segregation I strongly doubt that the people who worked on the movie intended anything racist/sexist about it.

There is such thing as looking too deep into a movie. It's good to analyze films but it's also good to remember that your conclusion might also be something completely unintended by the creators of a movie.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 1st, 2014, 4:50 am

ok ok this topic is actually bringing me down can we remove this topic?

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 1st, 2014, 2:22 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Other reasons I have seen is that they think it is one of the more overrated Disney animated features, feel like the message of learning from your past mistakes in the movie contradicts itself since Simba, as it turns out, didn't have a past of murdering Mufasa[/quote]

I think that issue stems from a misconstrued interpretation of the moral the film was trying to tell. For some people, they had assumed the responsibility that Simba was obligated to deal with was to make amends for his "crime" and to accept whatever judgement would come his way. While that was one other issue Simba would have to overcome, they seem to have forgotten that the actual responsibility the film was referring to was Simba needing to go back and take his place as king to restore the natural balance of his kingdom.

That criticism is really only apt had the movie revolved around the subject of penance and a character who was afraid of facing the wrong deeds he had committed with nothing else on the line but his own life. Had a story like that ended with a twist where it turned out the protagonist didn't actually commit the crime he thought did, then it would be a major problem. However, that isn't really the case with The Lion King. It all revolves around Simba letting a fear prevent him from doing the right thing and an entire kingdom winds up suffering for it. Whether he actually did kill Mufasa or not isn't relevant anymore, as the damage was done and he let fear and guilt consume him. Him being deceived by a horrible lie only adds to the tragedy.

I always found it odd how some wound up misinterpreting that given the fact the Mufasa ghost sequence and the Rafiki chat that follows it spells out the moral and his responsibilities very bluntly.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 2nd, 2014, 2:54 am

ok can we stop now I regret putting this up in the first place

gothprincesskiara

Postby TheLionPrince » December 2nd, 2014, 4:21 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]ok ok this topic is actually bringing me down can we remove this topic?[/quote]

Remove the thread, as in delete it? No, the moderators aren't able to do that, but you can request for them to lock the thread.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King