What do you love about TLK?, what made you a fan?

What do you love about TLK?, what made you a fan?

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 20th, 2014, 7:53 pm

For me

Lion King is a big part of who I am today and the reason why I am in college

as I grew up as a lion king fan after seeing it in theaters for the first time, I was overwhelmed by everything about it :joe: . But I was just a little kid, what did I know back then, but still... :happythoughts:

The Characters
I love the characters and there names, and the mostly the way the animators designed them and the beautiful body structure, the legs, the paws, the whole TLK lion anatomy, I JUST LOVE IT :ha: . one of the reasons why i LOVE doing fan art, and making them do different posses pose. and scar dont get me started on how they did scar, talk about delicious structure.....ok all of them are delicious, I cant make up my mind.

because of the way they animated TLK so beautify, I fell in love with the colors and the animation, makes me wish I could learn animation. :(

SCENERY
I FELL IN LOVE WITH PRIDE ROCK AND THE WHOLE SCENERY, IT MAKES ME WANT TO SEE MORE OF IT MORE I TELL YOU, but that only wish full thinking unless you read TLK fan fiction, I WISH I COULD LIVE IN THE TLK WORLD :yummy:

TLK BROADWAY
I went to go see TLK on stage and loved it, because it was the only Disney African play out there, and I love Africa because of of the movie, and I love Julie Taymor's work with the way she work with African elements.

THE MUSIC
I grew up with the TLK music, and got every TLK music album out there that existed, because I worship the music so much I started Loving the African sound in it, which made me fall in love with Africa and its nature. I loved everything about the music, but mostly I fell in love with Lebo M and his voice. I have 8 TLK albums and 110 TLK tracks. My TLK music is one of my treasure that I posses dearly, its music is very important to me.

because of Lion King I love Africa, and I fell in love with wildlife and big cats.

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT TLK1 AND 2 :supergrin: I will say I dont care much for TImon and Pumbaa

OH AND ONE MORE THING, I LOVE HOW IT TEACHES THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON OF ALL, THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What do you love about TLK?, what made you a fan?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 20th, 2014, 10:51 pm

I can't really explain why I love The Lion King and the rest of it's franchise, but I was 18 when I first saw it. For irrational reasons I can not really explain I was worried that because I was now an adult that I wouldn't be able to enjoy animation in the way I did as a child. I can't explain how, but the story and especially the characters touched a deep emotional cord with me. It also made me realize that an an adult there was no reason for me not to love animation, being that the story worked on such an adult level. The Lion King is also a movie I love to show to people that are of the mindset that animation is for kids, or that animation has to be funny.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Biomac » August 22nd, 2014, 7:01 am

I used to watch it as a child and as I grew up I forgot it. Two years ago I had a depression kinda thing, and I followed a therapy. Then I saw that TLK was released on DVD. I rent it. So far, it is the best decision I ever made. It was a revelation. How could've I forget this movie?! This is something I still don't know, but it doesn't matter. It took me out of my deep sadness. Of course I love the movie itself because it's so beautiful and flawless, but also I can rely a lot about it, mostly into Simba. When I was a kid, I used to be arrogant and wanting attention, and as I grew up, life hurt me extremely badly, and I ran out of my responsibilities, not caring about anything but me. So you see, it basically saved me from my depression, but also made me realise that I had to take my responsibilites. Today, whenever I feel sad, even though I don't, and won't ever forget it again, I irretrievably come back to it, and it still helps me, and I feel better and stronger. Some may say that I make too much about it, but the fact is that it saved me, whether you want it or not.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby it means no worries » August 24th, 2014, 12:10 am

I think to explain this properly you need some background, sorry for the length!:

When TLK 3 came out in 2004 i was 5 yrs old and everyone was saying "omg, the long awaited sequel, you need to to see it!" I had never seen TLK 1 or 2. I watched it but didn't like it, obviously not having seen the others i didnt understand most of the jokes and i found the cinema scenes very stop and start. It put me off the other TLK films.
It took a whole year to be persuaded by my brother (who was around when the original came out and is one of the films most dedicated fans) to watch the first one. When i first saw the original i thought it was a good film. But that was it, good but not anything special.
Recently my dorm mate at school has been obsessing over frozen and is convinced that it's the best disney film ever, so i set out to find other good disney films. That's when i stumbled across TLK for the second time. About to watch the film i couldnt remember anything about it (because the last time i had watched it was about eight years previously) and just presumed that it was a low budget crappy kids animation. I couldnt have been more wrong. I LOVED IT. Oddly enough i appreciated to it and i warmed to it much more when i watched it as a 14 year old than i had when i was 6, which is strange because it was designed for a young audience.
I think the reason i preferred it much more as a 14 yr old than a 6 yr old was that i could understand the relationships and bonds between the characters such as Simba and Mufasa, when i was younger i was paying attention to the animation, bright colours and songs, but now im older i focused much more on the story telling and emotion.
That, in my opinion, is what made the film, the emotion. The storytelling, songs, voicing, animation and sounds were all top notch but its the emotion that made it a masterpiece
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 12:19 pm

It was the first Disney movie in theaters i saw when i was a kid. Completely fell in love at the first sight. The drama the love story perfect voice acting by everyone. The film goes on from start to end without stops. As always disney isn't so big with its products in my country so it kinda slowed down soon. Until i got the vhs of it that still own but don't much dare to use it to cause it damage. As xmas i also got priderock toy with few lions not from tlk but some other parents and 3 cubs. As i became teen and the internet became more easy to access i started rping such sites as PlanetLionKing, PromontoryPoint, Serengeti Pride site. Those chats were then filled with tlk fans and people rping the orginal chars and own made. It felt perfect than. Just sad that those sites died as people got older and had no more time for tlk and rping. After that i've been quite on and off fan as enjoyed everything i came upon of tlk but it still being so small here where i live. Just can't never get enough of the tlk as it rolls in my mind pretty much every week atleast if not everyday. Now just happy that i found this site by help of a friend. Also quite just started collecting lots of tlk stuff via internet as finally got some money to buy some too.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Return to Beyond The Lion King