Help TLK get more popular

Help TLK get more popular

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 11th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Since TLK has become a famous classic, but I say not famous enough. Sadly TLK is not as popular at the rest of the fandom out there, and i have said before that TLK presents a educating lessons, and i think if the TLK fandom grows more, more people will want to watch it more, and they will realize the proud lessons of the circle of life, and this is one of my purposes as a TLK fan :D Who agrees with me? Whos on board? how do you think we can help TLKs popularity grow more? Think of it this way how can we get even more out of the movie we worship?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Help TLK get more popular

Postby juhouh » August 11th, 2014, 3:13 pm

TLK fandom is shrinking all the time, sadly. The Lion Guard might add some popularity to the fandom but not a lot. The whole fandom will be extinct in 5-10 years
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Ninaroja » August 12th, 2014, 3:04 am

"Help TLK get more popular"

TLK already is popular. It is one of the most popular films out there, certainly in terms of animation and even in terms of films overall. Twenty years since it has been released it is still holding up, people are still watching it all of the time - if you search "watching Lion King" on twitter you will get hundreds of tweets from the last few hours (and that's only in English).

It's the same with all hugely popular films. Stuff like Silence of the Lambs and Forrest Gump and Toy Story and many other films are continually being watched all over the world all of the time but they don't have an active fandom. They don't need one, they are just watched and appreciated. MLK is quite niche IMO. It was the first remotely active TLK forum I ever came across. If you want more TLK media to consume try Tumblr or fanfiction.net. You can't make TLK more popular to people other than telling them "watch the movie more". And, let's face it, they're already doing that.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 12th, 2014, 6:38 am

[quote="juhouh"]TLK fandom is shrinking all the time, sadly. The Lion Guard might add some popularity to the fandom but not a lot. The whole fandom will be extinct in 5-10 years[/quote]

But sadly she is right, if you are familier with the WWW TLK Archive fan sites, in my years growing up as a TLK fan, i used to serf ALL the TLK fan websites that ever existed, but now i have recently viewed them again going back in time, and sadly most of HALF of all the TLK website are DEAD :disappointed2: thats a sign that then TLK fandom isnt big enough

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby juhouh » August 12th, 2014, 2:42 pm

Thank you but I'm not "she", I just like Nala. She's not my fursona or a character I relate to :P
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby MooLion » August 12th, 2014, 5:25 pm

[quote="juhouh"]TLK fandom is shrinking all the time, sadly. The Lion Guard might add some popularity to the fandom but not a lot. The whole fandom will be extinct in 5-10 years[/quote]

I disagree! There will keep being a fandom, maybe there won't be so many fansites and the like left, but internet site focuses constantly change and there will be different means for TLK fans to relate their common interest. Films from way before have persisted with fans in various corners of the webs, and as an animated film goes, TLK is still one of the larger fandoms around. It might well shrink, but it would not disappear, go extinct, in five or so years after a strength of twenty odd years. Anyway, whatever happens with the internet, there's real life and plenty who remember the film/s fondly enough to keep it alive in other ways. ;)

I don't think TLK needs help to become more popular. It is as it is.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Carl » August 13th, 2014, 2:25 pm

It still sells merchandise in stores around here, and this place is pretty much a spec on the road. They're making a TV show of it to get more kids into it, and people often talk about it online and IRL. It's insanely popular. 20 years old and it seems to be more popular now than when I was growing up. What can we do, and why should we do anything other than keep loving the films?
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 13th, 2014, 4:44 pm

Because TLK presents a important message, that we are all connected in the great circle of life, this is important in nature, but people who abuse nature dont care

gothprincesskiara

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 13th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Hopefully many of us on this forum will be in the fandom for life, even if we aren't on the site. I also think that The Lion Guard will either be the nail in the coffin or the revival of TLK, especially for this new generation. If the Lion Guard is good, we will get a ton of new canon material to discuss. If its not, we will have to stay with the same material for decades to come.
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Carl » August 13th, 2014, 9:41 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]but people who abuse nature dont care[/quote]
And those people aren't going to change their minds from watching TLK. There are words for those kinds of people, but they're not exactly fitting on a PG13 forum...

The film is more popular now than I've ever seen. I don't know ANYONE who hasn't seen it. I don't understand the point of this thread.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King