Poll ended at March 23rd, 2015, 12:58 pm

Lion king
91%
Frozen
9%

Total votes : 34

Re: LION KING Or FROZEN

Postby SlayerOfLight » August 9th, 2014, 7:43 pm

No contest, TLK beats that big pile of crap called ''Frozen'' in every aspect. And ''Let it go'' sounds even more hideous then a dying whale.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 9th, 2014, 7:55 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]While Frozen was very, very good in my opinion, especially when looking at some of Disney's more... modern projects, I just can't get myself to like it over TLK.

It could be because of the Nostalgia. Perhaps it's not.[/quote]

This pretty much sums up my opinion. I don't understand why Frozen gets bashed a lot. Maybe people who hate it are too proud and/or close-minded to move on and accept that Disney isn't going to go back to it's original style and that the next generation are going to see Frozen's animation as normal.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby SimbasGuard » August 10th, 2014, 6:20 am

I can honestly say without any bias on my part. Frozen was a special movie, I can clearly see why so many people were enthralled by it. However the fact is this. Frozen is no Lion King.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 11:37 am

Frozen is quite good movie and someway quite similar as tlk, but still would every time choose tlk above it. Shakespear and lions, just perfect combination.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 13th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Well, at least everyone on this forum seems to acknowledge the fact that TLK destroys Frozen. Now my trust in humanity has increased from 0% to 0,1%
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Sigurd » September 14th, 2014, 2:41 pm

The Lion King, Frozen was ok but it's way to overrated in my opinion
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Taka1995 » September 18th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Lion King Forever...everyone can learn more important values (such as friendship, love, and not to be envious of your own family) from this film than from frozen...I also think that Frozen is only for Little children, Lion King is a good film also for adults and teenagers...it's a fantastic film!
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 19th, 2014, 2:21 am

dont forget its teaches about the importance of the Circle of Life
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » September 19th, 2014, 5:05 am

While I like TLK better, it doesn't have a more "dominate popularity" so I don't understand this poll.

And, I have to agree with this:
[quote="Lauren"]I don't really think it's fair to compare The Lion King to Frozen just because of their mass popularities or similar reasons like that. Both these films are different from one another and they're nothing alike. In my opinion, I think Frozen should be compared to the past Disney princess films if you want to debate which is better.[/quote]
I am sick and tired of everyone comparing TLK and Frozen. They have two different messages and two different stories to tell.

I'm not going to do what everyone else has done and say why I like TLK better, because I think at this point people know why I like TLK and what is relevant about it, and it's just repeating things I've said before. Instead I'm going to talk about why Frozen doesn't deserve so much hate, and why, in my opinion this statement:
[quote="Taka1995"]Lion King Forever...everyone can learn more important values (such as friendship, love, and not to be envious of your own family) from this film than from frozen...I also think that Frozen is only for Little children, Lion King is a good film also for adults and teenagers...it's a fantastic film![/quote]
is not even close to 100% accurate.

First of all, I want to be clear that Frozen does have flaws, is not as good as TLK to me, and is not Disney's best film. With all that in mind, let's begin.

Frozen is, at its core, about acceptance and love. Which, those of us in America or less developed countries should be able to see by looking out the window are values that our societies are not placing much value on. People treat other people like dirt for absolutely no reason and it is beyond ridiculous. When you constantly tell someone they are evil, wrong, bad, and need to keep a part of themselves a secret, it can have very severe consequences. That is a point Frozen is making.

For example, a large part of the fanbase are LGBTQ people (teens and adults). The song "Let It Go" is very appealing to us because it's what we all want. We want to be able to get away from the people who force us to hide ourselves and condemn us if we don't. We can't stop being who we are, just like Elsa couldn't. When we're treated the way she was (as many of us are... a large majority of the homeless people in the US are LGBTQ teens who were kicked out by their parents, some are beaten and even killed, and by their families sometimes) it makes people react the way she did. Even if it's not LGBTQ, but anything that's different. For instance, after 9/11, THOUSANDS of innocent Americans were killed for having dark skin, wearing a turban, or being around people like that. They were killed by other Americans for being "muslims" and "terrorists" even though most of them had been here before the attack and most of them were Sikh people from India who were totally unrelated to the attack. Even now, 13 years later, people are STILL attacking those people and treating them like dirt. Everywhere I look when I leave my house I see this crap, people being hated, attacked, having their rights taken, being killed... all because they are different.

A movie like Frozen is very important because, as popular as it is with the children, it is teaching the next generation to do something the radical Christians have forgotten is in the Bible "love thy neighbor." It is teaching them to accept people for their differences instead of telling them it makes them evil or lesser. Did you notice how at the end, through the power of acceptance and love, Elsa was able to control her powers? Well of course she was, she couldn't control them before because of stress and fear and psychological issues. When she is given acceptance, a weight has been lifted and provides focus which lets her do better things, be happier, and be more in control of her life. I can confirm how that works because I recently experienced something similar.

(BTW, there is even a gay couple in the movie.)

I actually watched the movie because some prejudiced old lady wrote a blog about it calling it evil because "it teaches kids that gay people aren't evil." Yeah, indirectly. That's why it's a useful film, it teaches kids to accept and love people, even if they are different, and not to suppress who a person is.

Whether you enjoyed the film or not, if you think that doesn't make it a big deal, then I don't know what does.

No, I don't expect everyone to like the film. I'm not saying it's wrong not to like it. I'm not saying I hate you if you don't like it. I'm just saying, it has a point, it does teach a good lesson, it is enjoyed by people other than kids and it doesn't deserve the rabid hate it gets, even if it isn't better than TLK. So if you don't like it, fine. But don't say it doesn't teach important lessons, because it does. And if you happen to disagree with the "love thy neighbor" lesson in the film... then honestly, do not talk to me. Ever. Because if you think it's wrong to accept those who are different, then you and I are not going to get along and I don't want to waste my time and I'm sure you don't want to waste yours.

Another point it makes is that young people shouldn't rush into marriages, as it can and probably will end badly. This is also an important lesson that people need to learn, on a more personal level. In today's society, it's all too often that teens fresh out of high school are rushing off to their weddings and having kids... most of these relationships end in divorce, others in murder or a court case... This film shows kids that sometimes, just because someone seems nice and seems to get you and seems to care for you at first doesn't always mean that they genuinely do, and therefore, one should not rush into something that could get them hurt... or worse.

Now then, it's late and I think I've made my point so I'm going to stop rambling and wrap this up.

Tl;dr I think both movies are good, teach important lessons, and deserve their popularity, even though I like TLK better.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » September 19th, 2014, 6:18 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]BTW, there is even a gay couple in the movie.[/quote]

Actually that is a matter of opinion, rather than fact. Being that Oaken only refers to the people in the sauna as his family, exactly how they are all related is not specifically stated. That gentlemen in the sauna could just as easily be Oaken's Brother, Brother In-Law, or cousin.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King