Poll ended at March 23rd, 2015, 12:58 pm

Lion king
91%
Frozen
9%

Total votes : 34

LION KING Or FROZEN

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 8th, 2014, 12:58 pm

Which has the most dominate popularity? Which one do you want to win?
My thoughts on Frozen are, why dont they just make it a Broadway musical already, cause that all it is is a music, the sisters singing was beautifully done, but this movie still was not my cup of tea, and seriously, seeing Anna ending up all literally freezing cold, she would have already died from all that frost bite, seeing that is not is not very comforting to me, and makes not like the cold even more. So what the heck is so great about the miserable freezing cold anyway? the song Do you want to build a snowman? is cute, but Olaf's song is just really cheesy to me :ugh: , and I see things like how Frozen has kicked TLKs butt :horrified2: . OH I DONT THINK SO, NOT WHEN I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO SAY ABOUT IT. TLK is more educating then Frozen :dignity: .
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: LION KING Or FROZEN

Postby juhouh » August 8th, 2014, 1:24 pm

I didn't like Frozen. The Lion King is still the best whatever they say
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 8th, 2014, 5:30 pm

While Frozen was very, very good in my opinion, especially when looking at some of Disney's more... modern projects, I just can't get myself to like it over TLK.

It could be because of the Nostalgia. Perhaps it's not.
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » August 8th, 2014, 6:03 pm

I didn't see Frozen yet, but I have seen clips and even forced myself to watch the entire "Let it Go" sequence. I didn't hate it, but I was also left wondering just what the entire deal was.

Just as The Lion King might have nostalgia goggles going for it (although seeing it on Blu Ray a few days ago can safely remove that for me), Frozen has the prospect of simply being the newest thing out there. The only way to judge it fairly is to wait for at least a year more to see if it with stand up to the test of time like The Lion King does.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » August 8th, 2014, 8:28 pm

[quote="gotprincesskiara"]My thoughts on Frozen are, why dont they just make it a Broadway musical already,[/quote]

They are making it into a Broadway musical. It probably requires a great deal of time since they have to flesh the plot out more with new songs, and get the visual effects right in order to make the snow on stage look believable.

Frozen definitely ranks high in all of the Disney animated movies produced under its division after the release of The Lion King with The Princess and the Frog, Tarzan, Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Tangled, and Wreck-It Ralph not too far behind. The movie just took a whole different direction with the typical fairy tale narrative, and it felt fresh and novel. I believe the movie generates its popularity from Elsa and her character arc being relatable with audiences and the soundtrack with "Let it Go" as the highlight. In contrast to The Lion King where all the songs were great and helped drive the narrative, Frozen's songs feel hit-or-miss and lacked a singular musical theme most notable in Disney films like The Little Mermaid having the songs resemble calypso music, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin modeling its songs after Broadway show tunes, and Hercules's are based on gospel. "Frozen Heart", "Do You Want to Build a Snow Man", "Let it Go", and "Fixer Upper" (in contrast to the fan base, I really like the song) were fun to listen. "In Summer" distracted from the plot for a moment, and "Love is an Open Heart" sounds like it came from High School Musical and Glee. "Reindeers Are Better than People" was short and sweet, but nothing too memorable.

The characters are likeable at best, and I believe people judge too harshly on the parents. The animation and the visual effects were fluid and amazing, and I hope to see the film in 3D sometime soon. I have mixed feelings about the villain since it feels so contrived, and the story did so well without a villain in the first two acts. Other than that, it's really disappointing they didn't produce the movie in traditional animation.

In conclusion, when all is said and done, let Frozen stand the test of time, and given TLK has for 20 years with its characters, themes, and songs still popular as ever, it's best we give Frozen the same honor.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on December 11th, 2014, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Lauren » August 8th, 2014, 10:45 pm

The Lion King. No question whatsoever.

I did like Frozen, but it did not hit me in the heart as much as their past films, especially from the Renaissance era, and it's not one of my favorite Disney films. TLK is a much more powerful film and I even go on the stretch saying that it's a masterpiece because of how the story's told. Frozen has gained a mass popularity and the idea of focusing on sisterly love instead of man-and-woman love is original for Disney since Lilo and Stitch. TLK's message is a lot stronger as well as it's characters and themes. The film contains themes such as death, betrayal, murder, guilt, leadership, responsibility, tyranny, and life. Frozen's songs aren't as memorable as TLK's songs, but they're not awful or anything like that. Hans being the main antagonist could've been developed better since his "change" just appeared out of nowhere without digging into his inner thoughts or ideas. We knew that Scar was the villain from the start, but we were allowed to follow his side of the story and listen to what his motives were in order to become the new king. Plus, he did a lot more cruel things that would make a villain stand out compared to other Disney villains. They way Hans's character was handled at the end was pretty stupid.

Also, I don't really think it's fair to compare The Lion King to Frozen just because of their mass popularities or similar reasons like that. Both these films are different from one another and they're nothing alike. In my opinion, I think Frozen should be compared to the past Disney princess films if you want to debate which is better.
Last edited by Lauren on August 8th, 2014, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasMate » August 8th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Of course I am going to hop on the band wagon and choose The Lion King.

I've seen Frozen at least four times, but I haven't been able to love it at much as The Lion King. I have also heard media saying that Frozen is the next TLK of this age. To be honest, I have to disagree with that one. As much as I love the story, music, and characters of Frozen, it will never live up to be better than The Lion King. TLK has a story that tugged many heart strings, and I have to admit that Frozen never really made me feel at all strongly about it as much as I do with TLK.

Lauren basically said it all, but that is my two cents. :P
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Ninaroja » August 8th, 2014, 11:49 pm

I totally agree with what everyone else has said. One thing I'll throw in is that for me Frozen had no replay value, wheras TLK definitely does.

The first time I saw Frozen I really really liked it. I've seen it twice since then. The next two viewings I thought it was a bit "eh". I see why it has taken off so much but if I'm honest I only like it. I wouldn't put it in my top 10. Maybe not even my top 20 :/
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Haraka » August 9th, 2014, 12:26 pm

As the Lion prince said , time will be the final judge. As for me , i'm gonna get all mainstream and say that the lion king is yet to be bested.

the characters (especially some dark lion :evil:) and themes (death , guilt , responsability) , just feels stronger in TLK than in frozen. Everything is polished , the songs are memorables , the orchestral tracks are magnificients.

"type of fan : the lion king is a masterpiece"

I didn't chose randomly ;)
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby MooLion » August 9th, 2014, 6:13 pm

TLK by squillions of miles. Frozen, though not bad, has notable problems for me. The biggest problem I get from TLK is it should be a little longer! (Even from an older persons view years later.) TLK fuses together as a much more complete, well rounded film in my mind. With Frozen I'm like, but why is this? hang on, that was too fast, what was this character's point?, etc. There's a greater level of emotion, too. Frozen has some, but it just doesn't feel so powerful (the strooooong orchestral soundtrack of TLK really helps with that).
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King