Is Kovu 'Scar's alter-ego'?

Is Kovu 'Scar's alter-ego'?

Postby ScarLoyal » August 3rd, 2014, 5:08 am

If you've seen 'Silent Hill' then you'll probably understand more. ;)

When we see Kovu, he resembles Scar very much, not only with the 'dark fur' and 'Green eyes' but even having the same 'distant' attitude as well.
He may not be Scar's boy.. but what if he was his alter-ego?
Think about it. During the Exile scene Kovu sees Scar in the water, almost like some sort of symbolical connection between the two. Kovu as a cub has a good-nature as a cub, and at times boastful, but also misunderstood. I think Kovu is Scar's different side, perhaps he was not made in 'Scar's image, but 'Taka's.

Everything "Kovu" experienced in the movie, i believe happened in Scar's path to insanity, but Kovu was Scar's chance to redeem him of his sins. Making Kovu the 'good' version of Scar, being born with a good heart. But Kovu was 'Scar's heir' and so was groomed into Scar's legacy by Zira, but after experiencing the hard-ships and being 'marked' a traitor in his family's eyes. (Kovu "killed' his brother, which is what Scar did. But HE actually felt guilty.) he found redemption with Simba's daughter Kiara, and after he and Kiara finished the war, he became a hero. But had it not been for Kiara, (Who is similar to her grandmother, Sarabi.) Kovu would've become 'Scar' and been destroyed by the hatred that destroyed Taka. So Kovu was Scar's chance to be loved again.

It's safe to assume that the 'lions seeing their relatives in ponds' thing is genetic and can only occur in two powerful relations, (In a deleted scene for SP, Kiara was originally going to see Mufasa in her reflection.)
So, if we consider this theory to be true, then when Kovu who was seen as an outsider in Simba, Scar's nephew's eyes, then when he 'becomes one' does Scar almost, SYMBOLICALLY become Kovu, finally losing all of his hatred that divided the two Prides for years. Thus finally being truly loved and accepted?

What do you think of this theory?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Is Kovu 'Scar's alter-ego'?

Postby Ninaroja » August 3rd, 2014, 1:42 pm

For someone to be your "alter-ego" do they not have to be the same person?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby SimbasGuard » August 3rd, 2014, 8:50 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]For someone to be your "alter-ego" do they not have to be the same person?[/quote]

Yes an Alter-Ego is an alternate Identity that one person assumes, not two different people. The best examples I can Think of are Superheroes: Peter Parker's Alter-Ego is Spider-Man, Clark Kent's Alter-Ego is Superman, and Prince Adam's (Masters of the Universe) Alter-Ego is He-Man. In all these cases the civilian and the super hero are the same person, not two different people.

Here is a link to the definition of Alter-Ego. To my surprise there is a second definition that disproves my argument

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alter_ego#English
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby ScarLoyal » August 4th, 2014, 7:36 am

[quote="Ninaroja"]For someone to be your "alter-ego" do they not have to be the same person?[/quote]
Not exactly. An 'alter-ego' can also be a close friend.
ScarLoyal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Postby SimbasGuard » August 4th, 2014, 4:28 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Not exactly. An 'alter-ego' can also be a close friend.[/quote]
Given that though, redemption for Kovu does not equal redemption for Scar because they are still two separate lions.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ScarLoyal » August 5th, 2014, 8:00 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="ScarLoyal"]Not exactly. An 'alter-ego' can also be a close friend.[/quote]
Given that though, redemption for Kovu does not equal redemption for Scar because they are still two separate lions.[/quote]
Well I meant 'redemption' in a 'spiritual' way as if Scar's spirit merged with Kovu's and he became Kovu because he still had a 'connection' with Scar, i guess the main point is that Kovu resembling Scar was no accident and actually has a purpose for their similarities. It's all very metaphorical and spiritual. :D
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby SimbasGuard » August 5th, 2014, 11:52 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Well I meant 'redemption' in a 'spiritual' way as if Scar's spirit merged with Kovu's and he became Kovu because he still had a 'connection' with Scar, i guess the main point is that Kovu resembling Scar was no accident and actually has a purpose for their similarities. It's all very metaphorical and spiritual. :D[/quote]

I understand that when you put it that way, although I'm not a fan of that idea. Simply because I see Scar as a bad guy and Kovu as a good guy. I prefer to look at it like this. When Kovu chose to be a good guy, he severed all ties with Scar Metaphorical or otherwise. In fact Kovu himself said in reference to Scar:

[quote="Kovu"] I want nothing more to do with him.[/quote]

SimbasGuard

Return to Beyond The Lion King