The Lion Guard

The Lion Guard

Postby ScarsLove » June 17th, 2014, 11:29 am

Long time, no see guys. 8-)

I read not to long ago that there is a new series coming out on Disney ( Junior? ). Featuring another Simba clone/crotch dumpling/another cub that has no traits of Nala's! another cub of Simba's, this time a little boy. It's not Kopa, sadly, but another that is supposed to go around of kid-friendly adventures through the savannah and save the Pridelands from all the bad guys. New characters will include a honey badger, a cheetah, a hippo, and an egret.

You can read the full excerpt here:

[quote]After a 3-D re-release and 2½ sequels, Disney is expanding the Lion King universe yet again with The Lion Guard. The new television franchise will launch with a TV movie premiering in fall 2015; a series will follow in early 2016 on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

The show will follow Kion, the second-born son of Simba and Nala (stars of the previous Lion King movies), who leads a group called the Lion Guard that protects the Pride Lands. Mufasa, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Zazu and Kion’s older sister Kiara will all make appearances, but the show will focus on the creatures of the Lion Guard, a series of new characters including a honey badger, a cheetah, a hippo, and an egret.

The producers of The Lion Guard are also pulling in “wildlife education experts” from Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park to consult on the show. In addition to the usual themes of family and friendship in Disney’s media, the company said The Lion Guard will incorporate conservation as a theme, and presumably its role in the great circle of life.[/quote]

I personally think this will just be another great flop Disney will make in attempts to make some money :roll:

However, I won't be as annoyed if they stick to the premises of the story, don't dumb it down to much, stick to original character design, make it 2-D, don't make a ton of pop cultural/modern day references and don't fill it up with stupid morals no one pays attention to at the end of every episode to teach children a 'valuable lesson about life'.

OH, and have useable footage that can go towards AMV's!

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Re: The Lion Guard

Postby juhouh » June 17th, 2014, 11:31 am

Wb, Mrs Depp! Not very excited about this new spin off because it's aimed for preschoolers and making Kion as a son of Simba is just stupid. It changes the whole way how SP was supposed to be. But still curious to see the outcome

Anyways, we have a thread for this already :P
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1091717#p1091717
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Re: The Lion Guard

Postby ScarsLove » June 17th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Thanks! :)

We do?! :lol: I guess I should have looked before I posted.

Image Image Image Image

ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Return to Beyond The Lion King