Does Zazu Deserve the Hate?

Does Zazu Deserve the Hate?

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 18th, 2014, 1:02 am

I mean does he? He tried to save Simba and Nala's lives, was very loyal, determined, and was going to get help to save Mufasa and Simba. Does he deserve the hate?
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Re: Does Zazu Deserve the Hate?

Postby juhouh » May 18th, 2014, 1:45 am

From me; yes. From everyone? No

I personally don't like him at all :P
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Timon the great » May 18th, 2014, 5:37 pm

While he is one of my least favorites, he does still serve a purpose at least in the first film. I don't think any character deserves hate out there or be bashed. It's very unfortunate that character bashing itself has come a long way and it seems to be even worse nowadays, which doesn't surprise me at all.

But compared to my fav, I myself have seen little if any bashing on this character out there so far. So, I think Zazu is pretty clear of this since his role in the films is minor enough that I don't think many people (especially hardcore ones in the LK fandom that make fan art and such) see it as a "threat", to say, to their cherished lion characters like Timon and/or Pumbaa are.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Eli_Ayase » May 18th, 2014, 6:15 pm

I don't like Zazu, but I don't hate him. But he is somewhere bellow my favourite character list.

I do agree he does serve a purpose as the kings majordomo. Because without him Mufasa wouldn't have rescued Simba and Nala from the hyenas. If you look and listen closely in TLK 1 1/2, he and Mufasa do rush off to the hyenas in the Elephant Graveyard. So that's another reason why he shouldn't deserve so much hate. Which is why I don't hate him, because without him... Simba and Nala possibly could've been the hyenas' "cub-sandwich" there.

People have their likes/love and dislikes/hate. But I sure know that a fair bunch of TLK Fandom people don't hate Zazu, some again do. Which is personal preferences. But if someones saying "He was a pointless addition," then what can you do *sigh*. He is a fine character I can live with, but as I said; He is bellow my favourite characters.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 20th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Okay, so here's a new question: Why do people hate Zazu?
Since were talking about hate and Zazu, I thought I would ask that here.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon the great » May 21st, 2014, 5:10 am

^I'm very curious, but can you show some kind of evidence of where you've seen people bash/don't like him from another part of the Internet (provide link) or some personal experience?

I have never seen anyone bash Zazu before on the Internet and on this forum since I joined, as far as I can remember.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 21st, 2014, 4:00 pm

I would give you a link, but the summary of the meme has bad words, should I PM the link to you?
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 21st, 2014, 4:07 pm

Okay, found a better meme.http://www.deviantart.com/art/TLK-Meme-Makalo-109959944
If you scroll down, you'll see a part where Zazu is about to get killed with a rock. :(
That's a terrible way to die! :x
If you look at the summary, the person explains she finds him annoying. :cry:
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 21st, 2014, 4:26 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/art/TLK-Meme-86788223Found even a worse one. Scroll down and this person dropped an Anvil on Zazu. :-o
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Postby MooLion » May 21st, 2014, 6:22 pm

I am surprised people would go as far as hating Zazu. Sure, he's not my favourite character, but I do like his dry humour - good ol' Rowan Atkinson! - and his design is pretty fun really. I just can't see from his few scenes how people could form such an opinion against him. Perhaps other people don't see 'hate' as such a strong word as me. :/
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King