Does Zazu Deserve the Hate?

Re: Does Zazu Deserve the Hate?

Postby Sigurd » May 24th, 2014, 2:56 am

He's not the best character in the movie, far from that, but it's weird that so many people hate him. He's not annoying, he does not do anything wrong and he has a talented voice actor. So the hatedom against him is confusing.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby stitchez624 » June 22nd, 2014, 10:33 pm

I do not believe Zazu deserves hate, even when I was younger I hated how Simba and Nala treated him. Honestly though he is really there for soft character relief and transitions, I don't understand why a lot of people hate him though... Maybe because of how formal he is?? :?
I'm filled with Wanderlust, my dreams are walking circles. I want to wake up smiling...
stitchez624
the mystery girl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

falling at the moment!

Nickname(s): Stitch
Pride Points: 0

Postby Gemini » June 30th, 2014, 12:54 pm

^ Pretty much agree with this. When I was a kid, I adored birds, so naturally I objected to them 'abusing' him... but, of course, I've come to realize he's mostly there for comic relief, and I don't feel like he has a lot of screen-time in the movies. He plays a relatively minor role, so in a lot of ways he just kind of slips under my radar a bit. I don't have any strong feelings for him one way or the other.

That said, I've never really seen people 'hate' on Zazu. What you've cited so far I wouldn't exactly call hate, more like the person just finds Zazu annoying (which I can see, as again, he's comic relief, and some people find comic relief characters annoying). In the end, as has been said, it's all personal preference. I know that can be hard to accept, especially when you don't feel like the other person is being fair, but it is something you have to deal with.

Trust me, I know how it feels. When you're like me and you like a character such as, say, Scar, it's even harder. I often have to deal with seeing people (not as much on this site, but elsewhere) posting blatantly hateful and disturbing comments... people who say they want to stab him, shoot him, torture him, murder him... in some pretty graphic ways. In fact, when I browse for screengrabs or watch clips on Youtube, I almost never read the comments anymore because I just know somebody is going to say something that'll piss me off. Really there's very little you can do in these cases except try to avoid it or, if it comes to a confrontation, try to explain why you like them and ask that the other person respect your opinion (this is assuming they are rational. If not, I just mentally flip them off and continue on my way). Like why don't you say that to my face, heh? :angryeyes:

But yes, I know, people bashing your favorite character really sucks.

... In summation, though, no, I don't think Zazu would deserve that much hate. But, fortunately for you, he seems to be regarded in at least some esteem. Not to mention that most of the people I've seen here at MLK are pretty open and understanding, so luckily we don't have to deal with that as much here, you know? :P
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby EdtheHyena » July 9th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Personally, if there are any characters I feel really deserve hate, it's Timon and Pumbaa. They are just ANNOYING. Maybe if Timon was voiced by Jim Carey, like he was originally supposed to, and Pumbaa was made less comically gruff (and cleaner, for god sake!), and they were treated a little more seriously (since they raise a main character, they're a little more than your typical Disney sidekick) I guess I would have a little more respect for them.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby ScarLoyal » July 12th, 2014, 6:51 am

I also understand what you feel Zazus mate. Every time when I look at pictures of Zira.. people always HATE her. :cry: But of course, this is something we must deal with. :ugh2: The 'haters' also use very disturbing words, threats.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby it means no worries » August 11th, 2014, 2:03 am

i like him, he has a load of funny lines and quotes and of course, "it's a small world and the coconut song!) :D
i understand why people wouldnt put him as their favourate character and some say he's non-essentiel, but i see no reason to hate him
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King