Circle of Life... REMIX??

Circle of Life... REMIX??

Postby DGFone » May 9th, 2014, 9:37 pm

For some reason, I found this in my spam folder, but it caught my eye so I took a look. (Yes, I first checked that it was a legit email). Apparently, Disney is going to release an album of a bunch of their songs remixed by current DJs. The first song they have in the video preview is Circle of Life. Take a listen:

I myself was not too impressed unfortunately.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Circle of Life... REMIX??

Postby Ninaroja » May 9th, 2014, 9:57 pm

At least we're getting the 20th anniversary CD... I definitely will be steering clear of this >:(
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » May 9th, 2014, 9:59 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]At least we're getting the 20th anniversary CD... I definitely will be steering clear of this >:([/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Them younglings can keep their 'hip' songs for all I care. I am getting the 20th anniversary OST! 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby SimbasMate » May 10th, 2014, 12:35 am

Some of these songs actually sound good remixed. I liked the "Let It Go" remix clip. But TLK definitely does not sound good remixed like that. :/ Especially the Circle of Life.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby juhouh » May 10th, 2014, 12:51 am

This remix is total bs. What a disgrace
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Regulus » May 10th, 2014, 12:58 am

My ears are bleeding.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Carl » May 10th, 2014, 6:01 am

Yuck. That was super gross, I didn't even listen to all of it. What is wrong with them? :pissed:
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » May 10th, 2014, 6:14 am

The ironic thing is that Disney already had a remixed TLK song. And they got it right that time. Of course, the remix was done in the 1990s by Lebo M, who would naturally have issues with ruining a song from a movie which he put so much work into.

Here is the song I am talking about (Remixed CYFTLT):
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to Beyond The Lion King