Does your friends or family know...?

Re: Does your friends or family know...?

Postby FlipMode » November 9th, 2013, 11:43 pm

Oh yeah I mean I'm not saying we should all make a point of liking the film, just that there's no harm in saying that you like it if it should happen to come up in a conversation or whatever...
I've actually discovered that some of my friends actually really like the film as well, granted they don't and probably wouldn't join a forum about it (though one of them actually did) but still nice to know you both like the film at least and I wouldn't have known that if I was too "shy"?...To admit to liking it in the first place :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby juhouh » November 10th, 2013, 12:01 am

Great answers guys and gals, thank you!

But just to notice I didn't mean you HAVE to tell someone about it but if someone happens to ask do you like it or just to talk about it without worrying about getting laughed at. If someone asks for me ie. I would just say "Yeah I remember seeing that movie, what about it?" but deep inside I mean "it's the best movie ever made"

And let's move even deeper into the fandom... Nalaholism is today very rare (or let's say non-existent) so probably I wouldn't ever have to face a question like "Are you a Nalaholic?", that would make me look like a zombie lol
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Sarafina_ » November 10th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Yes, my friends and family know that I'm a TLK fan. I turn 15 in January, but my school knows me as "that rocker girl" and I think they don't know that I'm a fan of TLK. I'm not trying to hide it, why should I hide TLK when I really don't hide my taste in music? :D
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

Postby Ninaroja » November 10th, 2013, 9:21 pm

I'm pretty sure my family knows :P When I was younger it was basically the only film I would watch. That combined with the large amount of TLK stuff I have now, including a huge TLK wall poster, a ton of sheet music, plushies etc.

My friends definitely know :lol: My TLK super-fandom is basically an inside joke among my circle of friends at school now. A lot of my birthday presents for the past few years have been TLK related, too :P

This picture is probably the one that holds the most significance for me: my friend Catherine gave it to me for my 17th last June. It was the last thing she gave me before she died at the end of September.

Needless to say, it is very special to me, even moreso now.
Attachments
photo (105).JPG
Last edited by Ninaroja on November 10th, 2013, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » November 10th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Yeah, they know very well.

I think my family didn't mind too much that as long as I am going to be nuts about a Disney movie, then I should be nuts about the Disney movie.

Besides, because of me, my parents enjoy the TLKoB soundtrack that they made sure to put in the family theater system, and now my sister also has a Hakuna Matata shirt. Sure, she got it as a joke, but I think she even likes it. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Claws » November 10th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Who said I liked it? loljk

Some people know I like the film, but that's it, it''s not like I'd go telling everybody I like the lion king in a particular way, like really, who would care?,

>"HEY I LOVE TLK IN AN ADVANCED WAY"
>"lolk"

I mean, it's not something I'd need to tell, or that anybody should know, or would be interested on knowing, I tend to be really embarrased about anything I do anyways, so I keep in low profile xD
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby juhouh » November 10th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Like I did write earlier the point of this topic wasn't that you go and tell everyone about it but would you admit it if someone happens to ask if you're a fan of it. Probably no one else would do that either lol :P

Anyways thanks for the answers everyone!
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Carl » November 10th, 2013, 10:27 pm

My parents and siblings definitely know cos I've loved it since childhood and draw in that style all the time and have some plushies above my bed as well as a shirt, several copies of the first film and Rhythm of the Pridelands. I think my sister thinks it's weird, but I really don't care what she thinks.

Most of my friends are on here, so most of them know too.

And of course I couldn't hide it from my girlfriend forever, nor did I intend to. She doesn't like it as much as I do but she has no problem with it and shows me stuff she sees related to it sometimes. She's read a fic I wrote and knows I get into the theories and RPing and whatnot and really doesn't care at all.

So basically no one I know thinks much of it.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Si-Amber » November 10th, 2013, 10:39 pm

My family and friends know that TLK is my fave Disney movie.

The don't know, and I don't plan to ever tell them, that I'm on a TLK forum! :D
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Tsuki » November 10th, 2013, 10:51 pm

Like Si, friends and family know it's one of my favourite Disney movies and I'm sure my Mum has walked into the room while I've been posting on here so.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King