Does your friends or family know...?

Re: Does your friends or family know...?

Postby Ninaroja » November 10th, 2013, 11:57 pm

To add to my earlier post, no one knows I'm an MLK member (besides my friend Francesca, and the members themselves of course). :P

My sister did call my love of TLK "annoying" once, but I don't really care. The pleasure and enjoyment I get out of it all vastly outweighs anything negative I've ever experienced because of it.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby HasiraKali » November 11th, 2013, 3:28 am

I have never seen the point in hiding my love of things in general. My friends all know how much I love it, my family know and embrace it, and I've even shared just how much I love it with my students. So no, I don't hide it, and yes, everyone knows. And if there's doubt, I have two tattoos. :lol:
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Buffy » November 17th, 2013, 7:52 pm

I have never understood hiding my love for fandoms, but perhaps that is because I've never had to. I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me knows that I love TLK very much. My parents know I love it, they know I go on forums etc. and they don't care at all. In fact, they think it's awesome that I can find joy in a movie so much that I would sing the songs all the time, collect plushies and dedicate my time on a Lion King forum. They're also very glad that I am into a movie this much because I could be into far worse things.

As for my friends, they know and they don't care. I think they like it because being a Lion King fan is a part of my traits now and it's just how I roll. It's nice, fun and awesome. :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Biomac » December 3rd, 2013, 4:44 am

Yes they do. My parents didn't bother about it, but however my brother thought it was strange and was actually worried about it. But then I explained him and he realized with time that it doesn't affect me negatively, but totally positively.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Annie » December 4th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I'm 23, EVERYONE I know knows. I tell them and I'm not ashamed :) Why would I be?
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Meskhenet » December 9th, 2013, 3:17 pm

When I was little my grandmother and siblings knew that I was the fan of "The Lion King" because I watched the movie and its sequels all the time 'til the point where my grandmother would get mad and say "Oh no! Not this movie again! Can't we watch something else?!", but my parents and best friends also know that I'm a "Lion King" fan too, but they don't mind. My parents are accepting of it and some of my best friends are fans themselves. I even got a shirt from my grandmother from my mother's side regarding "The Lion King!" It's too big to wear in public, but it's nice to wear as a nightgown. :cool:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby mamaprince » December 19th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Yes they do. :D (Well, I was obsessed with it for 5 years, so yeah. ;) )
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Timon the great » December 21st, 2013, 10:26 pm

Part of my family and some of my friends (and a few other people who I don't necessarily consider friends), do know that I adore Timon and like TLK, and that I talk about both on this forum.

None of them seem to mind that I do. But I will agree with a few others in this topic, that I don't think the whole world does need to know that you like TLK. But then again, I don't feel it's good to hide it from others that you know, especially family. If some say that TLK is merely a "kids thing" and they've already seen the films, then I don't think there's much else someone can do to change this. It can be a good thing, in a way. But it definitely beats being interested in meaningless violence, drugs, and etc.

Having an interest in something like this and showing it to others can actually help us more than "hurt" us, especially being about TLK. A lot of this is the fact that all three films' main characters have a connection to the values of actual life and this is what I find that makes all three Lion King films, truly beautiful. This is also why I don't see those characters as animals, but 100% persons, because this is what the creators intended to do, despite their physical form being non-human. Image

We can learn or at least be reminded from these characters, about the realities of things that happen in peoples lives everyday: experiencing despair, loneliness, love (in general), happiness, being content and etc. The list goes on. But, this is just something to consider on behalf of this topic.
Last edited by Timon the great on January 23rd, 2014, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » December 23rd, 2013, 9:08 pm

*Pops in for a brief period*

My friend will know if he will check his browser's internet history. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby ScarHades » February 10th, 2014, 10:24 am

I don't think my parents know as I've kept it a secret
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King