When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Re: When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Postby Carl » November 13th, 2013, 5:59 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]I want to consider it canon though. Can I, in and of itself??[/quote]
I already answered those questions...

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]If you wanna use the T&P show as the canon for Timon's backstory, throw it into your fanverse, and just go with that, but it still will not and cannot be canon so don't expect everyone else to jump on your side and take that as their version too.[/quote]

And as to this:
[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Plus, it introduced some new characters, expanded on Zazu, and gave Timon a truly good backstory---unlike 1.5, a [censored] film that was pretty much a giant **** you to this beloved series.[/quote]

That is your opinion and it is stated in a very rude way. There is no need for swearing in this topic at all, much less in that manner. Some people like TLK 1.5, and in my personal opinion, it is leaps and bounds ahead of your beloved TV series...

Additionally, as far as this statement:
[quote="Simba the Lion King"]It's supposed 2 be 4 laughs.[/quote]

You should use proper grammar on a forum. It's not "two be four laughs" it's "to be for laughs." The numbers do not properly replace the words. I wasn't going to point this out, but if you want people to respect your opinions, you have to use proper grammar and state them in a polite wayㅡ this includes respecting other people's opinions yourself and respecting that we, as fans, cannot change what is officially canon.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]And also, the hyenas have NOT been confirmed to have survived...some people even think they are---*sob*---DEAD!!!![/quote]

Stop double posting. It's extremely annoying and against the forum rules. Click the edit button on your previous post to add more to your comment and please read things properly before you post. I didn't say they were confirms to have survived, I said there was no reason to assume that they didn't. They might have lived, they might not have... and they're not even the purpose of this thread so it doesn't matter here.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 13th, 2013, 11:21 pm

God, what was I thinking, trolling so much?
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » November 13th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Again, that is your opinion and it is voiced extremely rudely. Your lack of respect for other opinions is quite honestly disgusting.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » March 31st, 2014, 6:36 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Again, that is your opinion and it is voiced extremely rudely. Your lack of respect for other opinions is quite honestly disgusting.[/quote]

I know. I was a jerk. That's why I've removed and revised a lot of the garbage I posted and am trying to do better.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ScarLoyal » May 3rd, 2014, 6:42 pm

It always seemed 'non canon' to me. :)
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 4th, 2014, 11:18 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]It always seemed 'non canon' to me. :)[/quote]

Yet everyone seems to consider both the sequels, even the second one, canon.

It's just not right, seeing as neither sequel is really as good in my opinion, and the show felt like a more rewarding successor.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » May 4th, 2014, 11:55 pm

^ Well, unfortunately for those who prefer the series, like yourself, the reason we consider the sequels to be canon is because they're what is officially canon. The filmmakers disregarded (if they knew of them) the books, comics, and the series, when making the sequel movies, and once the movies were released by Disney, they became canon. So, most people take them as canon because that's technically the case.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby DGFone » May 5th, 2014, 12:06 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"][quote="ScarLoyal"]It always seemed 'non canon' to me. :)[/quote]

Yet everyone seems to consider both the sequels, even the second one, canon.

It's just not right, seeing as neither sequel is really as good in my opinion, and the show felt like a more rewarding successor.[/quote]

Except that in the TV show, we get an episode set in ancient Rome, and within the lifetime of a warthog and a meerkat, we travel in time some 2000 years so that an Apollo Command Module is able to land on top of Pumbaa's head. Spoiler alert: he survives.

Remind me how this could possibly be canon?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 5th, 2014, 3:28 am

It's fiction. And a cartoon.

I could easily make the same argument about Timon and Pumbaa falling down a 50 foot waterfall and surviving in LK 1 1/2, you know.
Animal of the Wild

Postby DGFone » May 5th, 2014, 3:36 am

Which is why a lot of people don't consider 1 1/2 canon either.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King