When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Re: When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Postby ScarLoyal » May 6th, 2014, 12:36 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]It's fiction. And a cartoon.

I could easily make the same argument about Timon and Pumbaa falling down a 50 foot waterfall and surviving in LK 1 1/2, you know.[/quote]
BUT that argument can't be used, TLK still has realism. :roll:
I mean, it's obvious that TLK is a 'timeless' period, no sign of humans. In fact, The lions ARE the humans more than anything. :ziragrin:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 6th, 2014, 6:22 am

I guess it does, but 1 1/2 doesn't. I mean, watching it in a movie theater and being joined by the entire Disney cast?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby ScarLoyal » May 7th, 2014, 8:12 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]I guess it does, but 1 1/2 doesn't. I mean, watching it in a movie theater and being joined by the entire Disney cast?[/quote]
But they obviously put that in for fun. It also didn't occur in the movie itself.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby HeartsForTheClueless » June 27th, 2014, 8:55 am

It's very obviously non-canon, at most set in an AU similar to the various comics. Simba is a full grown adult so it's post-movie.
HeartsForTheClueless

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

....?

Pride Points: 0

Postby Timon8 » June 27th, 2014, 12:25 pm

I think it's (semi-)canon, and it happened in the time Simba was living with Timon & Pumbaa.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby juhouh » June 30th, 2014, 12:53 pm

It has no 'time' because it's not canon. There's an episode where Simba duels against Colosseum Quintius during Roman era although the rest of the episodes are focused to the modern times

Spoiler: show
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby ScarsLove » June 30th, 2014, 6:51 pm

The series isn't meant to be taken seriously in canon continuity. The fact that Scar makes a few appearances in the show, unharmed and still alive gives me enough reason to believe that it was never in the true TLKverse. Just in some messed up AU.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King