When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 5th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Please forgive me for making so many bad topics. I made this one when I was at a bad point in my life, and needlessly concerned about when this rather bad series was set.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: When is the "Timon and Pumbaa" series set?

Postby TheLionPrince » November 5th, 2013, 9:25 pm

The Timon and Pumbaa series is set after the first movie since Simba, as an adult, is the king of the Pride Lands. However, in my eyes, it doesn't take place in the official movie universe since the mood of the television series is mostly surreal and the characters interact with humans all around the world whereas the trilogy (and even at times) takes a serious approach and the characters are the humans.

Not to mention, there was an episode titled "Once Upon a Timon", which explains Timon's backstory and how he met Pumbaa, and while gives a similar, yet different backstory, it virtually ignores the former version. All in all, I don't think the television series is meant to take seriously in terms of canon continuity.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 5th, 2013, 11:01 pm

*sigh*...I really wish I could deleted some of these pointless topics I made.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Remorazz » November 6th, 2013, 1:28 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]The Timon and Pumbaa series is set after the first movie since Simba, as an adult, is the king of the Pride Lands.[/quote]

Scar survived the Hyenas, then.

image.jpg
image.jpg (79.21 KiB) Viewed 4149 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (36.95 KiB) Viewed 4149 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (41.97 KiB) Viewed 4149 times

See?
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 6th, 2013, 3:46 am

Man, I really was messed up, making all these stupid posts.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby TheLionPrince » November 6th, 2013, 6:45 am

[quote="Remorazz"][quote="TheLionPrince"]The Timon and Pumbaa series is set after the first movie since Simba, as an adult, is the king of the Pride Lands.[/quote]

Scar survived the Hyenas, then.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

See?[/quote]

Those were meant to be in-jokes, and I believe the second attachment you posted is actually from House of Mouse. Like I said before, the humor in Timon and Pumbaa is too absurd or surreal for it to take place in the movie universe or to be taken seriously.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 12th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Guys, I really hope you can forgive me for all of this.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » November 13th, 2013, 3:30 pm

^ But it is not canon unless Disney says it is. Which they haven't said. The people who worked on the films didn't create the tv series, and when they made 1.5 they pretty much made it so that the series will never be canon. It's not to be taken seriously, and as far as your obsession with the hyenas, as people told you in the other thread there was no reason to assume they died at the end of the first film... there's no need for proof of their survival.

If you wanna use the T&P show as the canon for Timon's backstory, throw it into your fanverse, and just go with that, but it still will not and cannot be canon so don't expect everyone else to jump on your side and take that as their version too. Anyway, you always change the topics of your threads to be about the hyenas, and as a hyena fan, it's getting annoying...

This is supposed to be about when the series takes place, right? Well there's no way to know that for sure. Simba's an adult and king of the Pridelands, as TLP mentioned and that's the best bet we have is that therefore it comes after the first movie. It's not really related to the films though, aside from sharing characters, and it's not official at all, so it pretty much has to be AU.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 13th, 2013, 5:47 pm

What else can I say? I really was a troll.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 13th, 2013, 5:55 pm

AND I was always double posting!
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King