Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Gemini » June 30th, 2014, 9:55 pm

[quote="DatLioness"]Maybe we're universally connected twins :-o

Scar x Nala FTW :highfive:
[/quote]

:highfive: Dude, I think you're onto something. We're twins separated through space and time. :lol:

[quote="Regulus"]I support the Nala x Regulus ship.[/quote]

Ehh. I kinda support that one, but as we all know, if she's going to cheat on Simba with anyone, it's obviously going to be Kovu. Not Regs. :P
loljk, I've still never seen a good Kovu/Nala fic in my life.

[quote="Ninaroja"]As much as I don't like it, I still consider Simba's Pride Canon[/quote]

Same here, and I use it fairly often, since it's the only source that mentions Scar's children/followers. To be honest, though, I don't consider the movie that bad (in fact I'm watching it now, as a... weird coincidence). Compared to a lot of direct-to-video Disney sequels, it's really... not terrible. I mean, if you ignore the fact that it's heavily retconned, Simba and Nala look/act nothing like in the first movie, and Timon & Pumbaa are extremely annoying and unnecessary through the whole movie... it's decent. xP
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ninaroja » June 30th, 2014, 9:57 pm

^Well yeah I agree with you there. Like I said to some people last night, imagine a TLK version of HOND2 :gasp:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Gemini » June 30th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Oh geez. xD Never seen that one, don't really want to. I've heard it's terrible and the animation... eh, not impressed. That said, considering the quality of most sequels, TLKII's art is surprisingly good (almost as good as the original's, I would say), which is obviously no small accomplishment. Clearly the songs, story, and characters aren't quite on the same level, but I would prefer it to Mulan II or Pocahontas II (Disney sequels I have seen >.<).
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby Asali » June 30th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Shipping yourself with a TLK character is a little weird to me :P . I have seen that in Pokemon fandom too where some fans shipping themselves with a Pokemon Trainer (like Ash for example) :ohyeah2:.
I also consider SP as canon :smile3: . Speaking of Disney sequels, not all sequels are bad! I like Lady and the Tramp II, The Jungle Book II and Return to Neverland.
Asali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Arbystrider » June 30th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I support the Nala x Regulus ship.[/quote][quote="Regulus"]Twilight was always a badass. It's just that only now do we see how much of a badass she actually is. She's cute and deadly. At this point... I think she might actually surpass Nala on the awesomeness scale. :pretty:

Yep, sorry Nala. You're number two, now. :P[/quote]

This f@#$ing guy.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Regulus » June 30th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Yep. That guy's nuts. I wonder what kind of crazy person would post something like that.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Gemini » June 30th, 2014, 10:49 pm

[quote="Asali"]I like Lady and the Tramp II, The Jungle Book II and Return to Neverland.[/quote]

I loved all those as a kid. :lol: Haven't seen them in years, though.

[quote="Regulus"]Yep. That guy's nuts. I wonder what kind of crazy person would post something like that.[/quote]

Yeah. Just another one of those mysteries, man. :|

Oh, and more on-topic with this thread, I just thought of another unpopular (?) opinion to share. xD Two, actually.

- The Outsiders are like 10x better than the Pridelanders in TLKII. Seriously. Simba and his pride are so snobbish. Like... dude... what is your deal? The Outsiders, on the other hand, are tough and loyal and cool-looking. Not to mention they like Scar just like I do. :adored:

- I kind of wish Simba died in TLKII. He plays almost no role in most of the movie aside from being a prick. I would be okay if he'd decided to kick the bucket back when the Outlanders attacked him. I dunno, maybe that's just me. *shrug* But like I said, he doesn't serve much of a purpose, and taking a creative risk like that would have made the sequel a bit more high-stakes and interesting.
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 30th, 2014, 11:02 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I support the Nala x Regulus ship.[/quote]
I support Zazu x Zazus Mate :P
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Carl » June 30th, 2014, 11:12 pm

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]- I kind of wish Simba died in TLKII. He plays almost no role in most of the movie aside from being a prick. I would be okay if he'd decided to kick the bucket back when the Outlanders attacked him. I dunno, maybe that's just me. *shrug* But like I said, he doesn't serve much of a purpose, and taking a creative risk like that would have made the sequel a bit more high-stakes and interesting.[/quote]
I always was of this opinion as a child, unsure as to whether I still am. SP made me hate Simba, and it took a long time for me to come to like him again.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ninaroja » July 1st, 2014, 1:36 am

I am one of the few who sides with Simba in TLK2, then :lol:

I don't think his actions towards the Outsiders, discriminatory as they were, were completely unjustified. They are Scar's followers, and Scar ruined Simba's life. Thanks to Scar, Simba lost his home, contact with his family and friends, his innocence, experienced a highly traumatic event and was made to bear a false guilt for his entire adolescence and young adulthood, which (seeing as we are attributing human characteristics to these characters) are turbulent enough times on their own without you being made to think you caused your father's death.

And I think the over-protectiveness is NOT because of Kopa (he doesn't officially exist), but rather once again coming back to my "Simba has anxiety/PTSD issues" theory. Notice how he tells Kiara "stay on the path I marked for you" - he knows the trouble he got himself and Nala into from evading chaperones and straying from the path ("Don't you remember the dangers we put ourselves in?!"). Even sending Pumbaa and Timon after her all the time, the way I see it he isn't trying to avoid a "Kopa" repeat, he's trying to avoid a repeat of a situation similar to what happened in his own childhood. Blind faith that Scar was trustworthy was what caused the disaster, so Simba isn't leaving anything up to chance on his turn at the bat.

Though that being said I don't think Simba should have forgiven the Outsiders so quickly (even after Kiara's whole "we are one" monologue and Zira's death).

-What differences do you see?
-Well, they are openly supporting the lion that killed my father, convinced me it was my fault, destroyed the Pride Lands and tried to kill me several times. They also tried to kill me like a few days ago and spent the last hour or so trying to kill me again and the rest of my Pride. Also your boyfriend originally joined the pride so that he could kill me. So, yeah, plenty of differences. Not to mention that their leader is about to try to kill me again and will nearly kill you in the process.

Hm, not sure my teenage daughter and a few sunbeams after a rainstorm would be enough to convince me that it was time "to put the past behind us" :/
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King