[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Share your unpopular LK opinions — My Lion King Forum

Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Arbystrider » February 25th, 2015, 2:52 am

[quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"]I found Six New Adventures to be too childish for me to enjoy.[/quote]

Maybe that's because... they're children's books.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Titanic-Wyvern » February 25th, 2015, 8:35 pm

((Avatar and signature both by Daenerys, thank you so much! :D))

Spoiler: show

^Made for me from Daenerys, thank you! :3
Titanic-Wyvern
"Zu'u lost daal."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I have returned."

Nickname(s): Titan, Wyvern, Xeno
Pride Points: 8

Postby PrincessKiara » March 15th, 2015, 1:04 pm

I don`t like Timon and Pumbaa. They have their moments in the original film, but I find them overrated (they got their own TV show and don`t get me started on TLK 3/1,5)

TLK 1,5 (also known as TLK 3: Hakuna Matata) should never have been made. It`s an abomination in my eyes.

I believe (as I have for many years) that Scar is Nalas father. I have my theories.

I`m a big fan of Kiara (this may count as an unwelcome opinion for some)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby HereWeStand » April 4th, 2015, 8:25 am

I don't think any sort of tragic past attributed to Scar justifies his actions nor that he's excused because of it.

(Before everyone gangs up on me, Scar is actually my favourite character, and I don't necessarily deny that he likely had a very problematic childhood, though he might have simply been born with some sort of antisocial personality disorder. It just gets a bit tiring hearing that he's 'misunderstood' and should be excused because of some tragic past because you can be misunderstood and still not end up murdering your family members so you can be admired in a position of power, starving your pride, and turning your entire kingdom into some sort of African dystopia. Unless he'd developed sociopathy, I don't know, but even in that case he shouldn't be excused. That'd be disrespectful to everyone who suffered because of his actions.)

That added I also think that his past would be rather interesting to know about if abuse were the case, though I don't think he needs to be 'troubled' in order to be a fascinating villain.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Behati » April 15th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Not really a fan of Timon and Pumbaa.

SP is my favorite LK movie. >_>"
Behati
The Actual Future Imagineer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fanfiction Writer.

Nickname(s): Cianne, Mckenzie.
Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbaPrescott » April 17th, 2015, 3:24 pm

-I believe Kopa is in Wasteland, with other 'forgotten' Disney toons.

-Although I enjoy SP, I do feel as though many of the original characters were very OOC here.

-I like the Nala/Scar pairing.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Carl » January 6th, 2016, 11:37 am

I do not understand nor support pairing any of Kiara's brothers with Vitani. Once Kiara and Kovu are together, Vitani is Kiara's sister-in-law, so it would be extremely weird for her to be with Kion (and the Vitani/Kopa thing just makes no sense on about a million levels).

Scar has no kids (I will be cross with Disney if TLG claims otherwise later on).

Kion>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kopa

Bunga is a good character.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby InsaneSeagull » January 6th, 2016, 11:59 am

I've posted before on this thread, so sorry if I repeat something :onowink:

- I used to like Simba's Pride more than the original. Now, they are kind of equal in my eyes but I do prefer the original. They are both awesome though.
- Kiara was my favorite TLK character. I still love her a lot, but I hate her design.
- Scar is awesome.
- I find Return of the Roar a better comic relief than TLK3.
- I think Simba has still much to learn about ruling, which he showed in both SP and TLG.
- Zira had absolutely no sexual interaction with Scar.
- Nala's father is a rogue.
- Mufasa shouldn't appear in every damn TLG episode! I honestly hope they will think that over. I mean, I do like seeing him too from time to time, but Kion should learn to face his own problems. Plus, leave poor dead people alone!
- Kion is awesome and has potential, while Kopa doesn't exist.
- Scar's original name wasn't Taka.
- TLK3 isn't that bad, it has some good points, it's just not much my cup of tea. Plus, I really can't get some things as canon, no matter how hard I try.
- Bunga has potential too, while for now he's one of my least favorite The Lion Guard members (along with Beshte), though I do hope to see some some character improvements for both of them.
- Vitani and Kopa shipping doesn't make any sense.
- I think the way Mufasa forgave Simba after "that little mess he had with the hyenas" is way too rushed and unreal. I mean, he put both himself and Nala in grave danger, and all the punishment he got for that is "Simba, I'm very disappointed in you." I get Mufasa was supposed to be likable character, but that's ridiculous.
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby Troll Berserker » January 6th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Here are some of mine, mostly about praising SNA:

*I really, really dislike when people are trying to make Leo, Mega and Ni related to official characters. Most of the time it's ridiculous, unrealistic and doesn't make any sense. Leave them be.
*I wish people would stop praising Kopa. He's not Disney's creation, stop pitying him saying that he was "forgotten" by Disney. Disney never cared for him anyway.
*Also I get that you like Kopa and the other SNA characters, but stop praising them like they are something super ofiginal. Kopa is Simba with tuft, Ni is literally teen Simba with brown mane and Ahadi is a recolored Mufasa. Their personalities are nothing original netither.
*I refuse to call Scar "Taka". His name is not Taka. Never was.
*I dislike Fuli
*I care more for non-lion characters in TLG
*Zira is NOT a good mother. She uses her children to fulfil her own ambitions, she doesn't seem to care about them. Except a brief moment at Nuka's death she didn't show any honest signs of sympathy to anyone.
*ScarXNala and KovuXNala are my least favourite fanships. Especially ScarXNala. It denies a hard and canon proof that Nala ran away when scar even attempred to flirt with her.
*I dislike everyoneXeveryone cubs. Sometimes it fails to acknowledge the character (like Tanglemane or Malka not being Prideladers) or are simply unbelievable and impossible.
Last edited by Troll Berserker on January 6th, 2016, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » January 6th, 2016, 7:36 pm

Here come 50 shades of bias...

-I don't really like Nala all that much, and I'm not sure why. I admit she's a great character and all... but she just never clicked with me.

-I get a little annoyed when people make a huge deal of who Nala's father is, especially since it's dead obvious to me it's neither Scar or Mufasa, which many imply. The producers honestly looked like they were joking when they 'confirmed' this, and if we look at the TLK canon and the way animals act, I think it's clear the rules of real life don't apply as much as fans seem to think. And Disney doesn't do incest, as evidenced by the sequel.
This aside, it doesn't even have to be Mega, Ni(how?), or anyone we know... It can be some buddy of Mufasa's or something, the neighboring king, a rogue... I dunno.

-I love Scar, and I think he's one beautiful lion.

-Even though I love Scar, I don't like the way fans sometimes try too hard to justify his cruel and villainous behavior, and I think that many fan theories that make him into a victim/fallen angel/... actually ruin his character more then they do him good. Especially since Scar doesn't show the characteristics of someone who was abused or mistreated, and acts very selfishly and almost bratty on behalf of everyone. His biggest freaking problem is not being the king, for Heaven's sake. And then there's his guard, whom he killed.
Of course, everyone can believe what they want to, and that's cool, but some people act like it's a 100% proven fact that Scar was mistreated early on and is the real victim.

-Similarly, I don't like theories that make Mufasa the worst brother on planet Earth, especially since it wasn't hinted anywhere in the movie. Oh, but Mufasa was abusive and cold towards Scar during the beginning of the movie... sheesh, the lion just purposely didn't show up to his son's presentation, proceeded to insult the newborn cub, displayed clear signs of hatred towards his family, and topped it all with saying that the only reason he isn't fighting with Mufasa for the throne is because he isn't strong enough... Wonder why Muffy got upset? But seriously, Mufasa is too thrusting when it comes to his brother, if nothing else.

-Sarabi's character pisses me off because, when Scar said it is Simba's fault Mufasa is gone, she started questioning Simba about it in a very serious tone. He was a cub back then, so there's no way on earth he purposely did anything, and while I am probably being bias here, I feel like Sarabi should have known that.

-I don't like the fact that Mufasa and Simba have red manes - I think that it takes away from the realism, for some reason. I would have preferred dark brown for Muffy, and lighter brown for Simba. On similar note, I wish Simba kept his ear-rims, too, but that's not unpopular.

-Even if the producers said otherwise, I still believe Fluffy is Kion, not Kiara. I believe if we asked them again, and pointed out the differences, they would give us a different response.

-I think 6NA books were good for what they were - a small, non-canon continuation of the story that was meant to give us some world-building regarding the TLK universe. SP did kick them out of the way, sure, but I've seen quite a few people just getting pissed about their very existence.

-I don't like what they did to community, though - given default names for certain characters. Default name for Scar and Mufasa's dad is Ahadi, but it shouldn't be - he's just someone's OC. That's just one example, although, to their credit, the names they picked really suit the characters, somehow. My point is, if you go far enough to create this awesome OC that is, for example, meant to be the father of Muffy and Scar, then also give him a name you like or think fits him. Unless you just like how Ahadi sounds, I guess.

-Kopa does exist. He is someone's OC. He doesn't exist in the canon, though.

-People who needlessly bash Kopa are more annoying to me then people who love him too much.

-I believe Kopa fans shouldn't have anything to say that implies Kion or Kiara are Simba's clones any more then he is.

-I don't really like Kopa x Vitani shipping. There is no evidence whatsoever that it would work out, and it annoys me when people put Kovu and Kiara's relationship as possible evidence. For Heaven's sake, simply because two people get together does not mean their siblings have to, too. Even more so, as a cub, Kopa is headstrong, rude and not all that intelligent or capable. Vitani is sleek, reasonable and mature, albeit a bit rough. Having that said, the only way I can see it happening is with her getting awfully annoyed or, at best, babysitting him.

-Speaking of Vitani, I dislike it when people change her character too much, and draw her looking like freckled Tama, just to make her more princess-like. I personally like her just the way she is.

-Again, I don't see why people think she is Nala and Scar's. Sure, there are a few hints here and there that it could be possible, if this wasn't a Disney's movie, and Vitani didn't look so much more like Zira. Plus, I don't think Nala would have been heartless enough to abandon her own cub.

-I've seen a large number of people imply that Vitani will get with Zuri or Tiifu in TLG (probably not, because this is Disney, people), and while I have nothing against people shipping who they like in any way they like, it irks me that the base of this ship seems to be Vitani's tomboyish personality. No matter where you stand when it comes to acceptance and stuff, everyone should keep in mind that the way someone behaves has nothing to do with their sexuality whatsoever.

-I really, really love Kiara, and she's my favorite character. Sure, she isn't all that smart, but so what? Who said she had to be? She obviously has some good things about her that many people ignore, like kindness, bravery, and open mind. I wish she had a more original visual design, though.

-I don't like Kovu's design all that much, either. There are two factors here:
His fur looks too dark and purplish for my taste, but that could simply be the generally weird coloring in the movie.
Second, I feel like they made him look way too much like Scar, so no wonder it lead to some confusion. They could have made him have dark fur, but the features of a Pride lander, or vica versa. Same goes for Nuka, if Scar isn't his dad.

-The way Nuka was included in the movie irks me. The way he died seems pointless to me, too, almost as if that was a cheap way to make the plot darker and more tragic. Think about it... how did it even affect the plot, other then giving Zira a reason to slap Kovu, something she could have easily done simply because he betrayed them? Zira like, grieves for him for fifteen minutes, and then declares war on Simba and laughs like a madman, and pretty much forgets him for the rest of the movie - she just acts like her usual angry self. Same for Vitani. And it wasn't Kovu's fault he died - he's the one who jumped on the ledges and Kovu didn't even know about that until he came down, so it's obvious this means nothing for Kovu's character.
Instead, he could have survived, and been by Kovu's side along with their sister in the end, truly showing that the two sides have united... instead, all Outlanders transform into Pridelands once they make peace, and Vitani is nowhere to be seen.
Or, they could have given us the way his death effected his family. Zira could have gone even more crazy then she usually was, Vitani could have been more concerned about others dying like Nuka and therefore more open to peace, and Kovu could have actually really have killed Nuka - for example, Nuka attacks Simba, Kovu hits him and accidentally kills him.

-I wish Zira survived, too, but I actually do see why they killed her off. Nice lesson: Don't let go of your hate and its going to take you down with it. Still, I think ti would have been cool if she and Simba ended up making because because they both learned from their children.

-People who randomly drop by just to rabidly insult TLG, its fans, or continually just say how they won't be watching the movie (I'm sorry but seriously do they really think someone cares?) are annoying. Sure, you don't have to like it, you don't have to watch it, you can have thousands upon thousands of reasons for feeling that way, and you always have the right to make your opinion known, but you are only making yourself look like fool if you make a drama about it. Especially if the reasons you put up are silly.

-I really like Bunga. He's actually my favorite character in TLG... Beshte is my second fave.

-Kion's 'Hevi Kabisa' annoys me only a lot.
Amadi_the_Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King