Future Of the franchise

Re: Future Of the franchise

Postby SimbasGuard » June 25th, 2013, 12:07 am

However unlikely it is, I would love to see another Lion King movie and regardless of how unprecedented it would be. It would need to be a theatrical release, just to insure top of the line production values.

If a sequel were made. here is what I DON'T want to see.
#1. DO NOT kill off Simba And Nala: They (in my opinion) are still the most important characters in The Lion King franchise. Loosing them in a movie would ruin said movie. I also think that having Simba And Nala be dead when the movie starts would be off-putting. Yes I know how The Circle of Life works, but to not have Simba And Nala in a Lion King Movie would be to remove the heart of the franchise.

Things that could be in a Sequel:
Perhaps The Outlanders wronged other lion prides, being that the former Outlanders are now Pridelanders. Any Prides seeking revenge on The Outlanders would then Target Simba's Pride.

I'd like Vitani to fine love, as I mentioned in another thread this would be a good way to introduce Kopa into The Lion King Movie Franchise. As a rogue lion or a Prince from another Pride. Either way he would not be related to Simba And Nala.

I'd be O.K. with Kovu and Kiara having cubs, but it should not be the main plot of the movie.

If a prequel was made I'd love to see Disney answer the Question of Who is Nala's Father. I am not trying to start that debate again, I just really feel that if Disney were to actually address that they would never actually go with one of the sources of controversy. I think the story of where Sarafina is from and who Nala's father is would make a great story. Also the Overall concept of how The Pridelanders deal with other prides (When they are not being attacked) would be interesting.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 24th, 2013, 2:44 am

Well, even if there is another movie, it will probably be a DTV, and those just don't compare to what's shown in theaters.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby SimbasGuard » December 4th, 2013, 7:42 pm

While the Hyenas did have their own segment on Timon and Pumbaa, I'm not sure that they could carry a feature film. Although I bet that they could be a big part of a sequel a prequel. Maybe they could even get a shot at being lead villains.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Annie » December 4th, 2013, 8:22 pm

I would love a TV series called "Stories of the Pridelands" which could be told by Kovu to his cubs.

It could include really historic stories (how Pride Rock was formed) to Mufasa and Scar as cubs, to things Simba and Nala got up to as cubs :) I would SERIOUSLY love that if it was done well!
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby EdtheHyena » December 7th, 2013, 3:05 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]While the Hyenas did have their own segment on Timon and Pumbaa, I'm not sure that they could carry a feature film. Although I bet that they could be a big part of a sequel a prequel. Maybe they could even get a shot at being lead villains.[/quote]

I really liked that segment. It was the best part of the show and really makes me wish it had just been about them.

Personally, however, unlikely it may sound, I believe they could indeed carry a film. If Timon and Pumba can do it, they definitely can. *wink*

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » December 7th, 2013, 11:21 pm

You have a valid point, I didn't think Disney would have wanted to do a movie about villains, but with the live action Maleficent movie coming up as well as a movie for Cruella De Vil I guess it would be possible. However if they do give The Hyenas Their own movie I'd rather it be a spin-off instead of a prequel,midquel, or Sequel. While I liked Lion King 1 1/2 for what it was, I would be very annoyed at the prospect of another Lion King movie where the Lions were only supporting characters.

SimbasGuard

Postby Lauren » December 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm

[quote="Annie"]I would love a TV series called "Stories of the Pridelands" which could be told by Kovu to his cubs.

It could include really historic stories (how Pride Rock was formed) to Mufasa and Scar as cubs, to things Simba and Nala got up to as cubs :) I would SERIOUSLY love that if it was done well![/quote]
That's pretty much my summary of what I would like to see, plus finding out how Mufasa and Sarabi first met. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EdtheHyena » December 7th, 2013, 11:57 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]You have a valid point, I didn't think Disney would have wanted to do a movie about villains, but with the live action Maleficent movie coming up as well as a movie for Cruella De Vil I guess it would be possible. However if they do give The Hyenas Their own movie I'd rather it be a spin-off instead of a prequel,midquel, or Sequel. While I liked Lion King 1 1/2 for what it was, I would be very annoyed at the prospect of another Lion King movie where the Lions were only supporting characters.[/quote]

I don't see Shenzi, Banzai and Ed as truly "evil" villians. They are more comic relief, like Timon and Pumbaa, but of the best kind, that teens and adults can love and appreciate.

I love the idea of an LK movie with lions as supporting characters. As much as lions were the main characters of the first, every creature has a role to play in the movies. Yeah, I do personally consider Shenzi, Banzai and Ed the crowning glory of the franchise, but I'd also be accepting of a Zazu movie or a Rafiki movie, even though I don't like those characters a ton.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Annie » December 8th, 2013, 12:27 am

I don't see them as evil either. They just do what hyena's do!
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » December 8th, 2013, 1:52 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"] I don't see Shenzi, Banzai and Ed as truly "evil" villians. They are more comic relief, like Timon and Pumbaa, but of the best kind, that teens and adults can love and appreciate. [/quote]

I get that, I just tend to see the main villain's henchmen as villains themselves.

[quote="EdtheHyena"] I love the idea of an LK movie with lions as supporting characters. As much as lions were the main characters of the first, every creature has a role to play in the movies. Yeah, I do personally consider Shenzi, Banzai and Ed the crowning glory of the franchise, but I'd also be accepting of a Zazu movie or a Rafiki movie, even though I don't like those characters a ton.[/quote]

Yeah but if the Lions are supporting character it kind of ceases to be a Lion King movie. I'd be O.K. with seeing a movie about other characters, I just don't think such a movie should be billed as a Lion King movie. I think Lion King 1 1/2 was a notable exception because while the focus was on Timon and Pumbaa it was mostly about what happened in The Lion King. However I also feel that Lion King 1 1/2 was not the third movie that The Lion King deserved.

[quote="Annie"]I don't see them as evil either. They just do what hyena's do![/quote]

That is very true, but since they were trying to kill Simba that makes me see them as bad guys.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King