Even MORE semi-canon cubs!?

Re: Even MORE semi-canon cubs!?

Postby Biomac » November 28th, 2012, 4:12 am

Great find. My favorite is besides Simba, cub D :) .

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Shenzi Kopa » December 11th, 2012, 12:47 am

Wow this is an interesting find.
Cubs C, D, and E look to me like possible genetic outcomes for cubs of Kiara and Kovu while cubs C and D could also be cub versions of Mufasa and Scar. In fact cub C has a hind leg shape and muzzle very closely resembling Scar as opposed to Kovu who actually especially in adult hood seems slightly like a nonsense mix of Simba and Scar.

The muzzle of cub A resembles the genetics of Mufasa and Scar's generation oddly so if they or Simba had a sister she could fit the profile. Her body figure however resembles Nala, in fact I am pretty sure there is a promo shot of cub Nala with the EXACT same sitting pose, and body shape. The cub in the image even has the same eye shape.

In fact here is the Nala shot, I just found it on google:

So it seems almost like someone just took that shot and manipped the color and face a bit kind of as I did to create the marred Kopa in my fanart. I made a thread here with it.
All I did was took a shot of unconscious cub Simba in the original film and lightened his fur. Then I cut the mane tuft from a shot of Kovu and lightened it to brown and applied it to the Simba's shot's head. Anyone with basic photoshop skills can do it. Although I am not sure how to reshape the muzzle like that I am certain it must be possible.

At any rate if these cubs have no story or even names I disagree with the term semi-cannon. They were likely created to satisfy this game and there is a chance that it didn't consider the second film and the original does not have enough canon cubs.
Always Uncle Scar's Shenzi
fanart.lionking.org artist name: Silentraventears
Shenzi Kopa
Angel of Darkness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » December 30th, 2012, 7:11 pm

I just had a theory: maybe the real reason ol Muffy hated the hyenas and didnt consider them part of the Circe was because they ate all the cubs. REALLY? What pride only has two cubs? This is just a dumb theory and nothing more.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Wrightfan » January 27th, 2013, 3:46 am

They're probably just palette swaps by lazy editors lol :D
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby PrincessKiara » January 28th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Awesome find! (Swedish? Cool!)
Cub D is so cute, he looks a lot like Chumvi from TLK6NA. Cub C looks a lot like Kovu.
Cub E kinda reminds me of Kiara, and I like the light shade on the fur of Cub A.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Shenzi Kopa » April 29th, 2013, 8:10 am

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"] REALLY? What pride only has two cubs? This is just a dumb theory and nothing more.[/quote]

Actually in a real pride the ruling male is the only one allowed to father the pride's cubs. If he smells another male's cubs in his pride he himself will eat them, and one lioness usually produces twins. So the more significant inaccuracy of TLK's fiction is Simba, Nala and Kiara all being only cubs.
Always Uncle Scar's Shenzi
fanart.lionking.org artist name: Silentraventears
Shenzi Kopa
Angel of Darkness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby ScarLoyal » April 9th, 2014, 2:30 am

You know.. Cub C looks like he could be Kovu's father, green eyes and dark fur!
:gasp2: and I have a theory that Cub A is related to Nala.. :-o
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King