What will happen when...

What will happen when...

Postby MurderVictim » April 6th, 2012, 8:21 am

...Rafiki dies?

I didn't see a topic like this, so sorry if I missed something, but...I'm wondering. He's obviously not young, and has to die at some point. Will that be the end of the cub presentations until someone else steps up to take his place? Or at least the type of presentation we saw in the movies. Perhaps he'll "train" another baboon/mandrill in the ways of a shaman? I'm also curious as to how he got the job in the first place, but perhaps that's a question for another thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MurderVictim
I seem to be dead.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Murder, MV
Pride Points: 4

Re: What will happen when...

Postby TheLionPrince » April 6th, 2012, 9:05 pm

It would be a very sad day in the Pride Lands if Rafiki dies. Most likely, he would have completed his training for his apprentice, and the rituals performed at the presentations will continue. The only thing is that he doesn't really have an official relative seen or mentioned in the movie universe, but he does have a nephew named Nefu, who appeared in The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa and a comic. To go along with the mention of the series, Rafiki trains him as his apprentice, and of course, the name of the episode is titled, "Rafiki's Apprentice".

It's your personal decision whether you consider the comics, books, or the television series in the same universe as the films. However, nevertheless, someone will have to take the mantle, and continue Rafiki's practices.

As for how Rafiki became the shaman of the Pride Lands, the only origin story (that I know of) of this is in "A Tale of Two Brothers" of TLK: Six New Adventures. In the story, Rafiki travels from a distant land, and wanders into the Pride Lands. There, he becomes very close friends with Ahadi and Mufasa, and Ahadi appoints him to be the teacher to the monarchs of Pride Rock. Again, it's your personal decision to accept this story into your fanfiction.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: What will happen when...

Postby Buffy » April 14th, 2012, 9:35 pm

^Wow! I didn't know any of that! Thanks for all the information!
I'm going to agree with your post, TLP. Because it all seems pretty legit to me! ;)

I'll have to add though. I never gave much thought to Rafiki dying. I dunno... He just seems like a character you just expect to be there forever...
However, everyone dies at some point. So yeah... :/
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Return to Beyond The Lion King