Possible new Lion King movie?

Re: Possible new Lion King movie?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 2:50 am

I'm sorry about this all, but I have to remove what I said. It was just stupid.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 2:54 am

Kids don't love the hyenas the same way and they never have. Many kids see the hyenas simply as Scar's stupid henchmen. It's simply not profitable for Disney to make a movie about them and it never was. Another movie at all at this point would be risky for them and it's not worth it on a financial level. You have to remember that we're talking about the business world.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 2:59 am

I really wish I could just remove these posts I made.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 3:03 am

You're missing the point. Kids like Timon and Pumbaa for exactly that reason. They're silly and Simba is the good guy. Being his sidekicks, and being silly, makes them cool to most kids.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:04 am

I simply thought that the hyenas were funny enough characters to make for a movie of their own, but I guess not. Oh well.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 3:06 am

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Well, the hyenas are bad[/quote]

That's why most kids don't like them. Simple as that.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:07 am

So yeah, I'm just trying to fill in my old posts I'm ashamed of.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:30 am

I really don't know what to put here that I haven't already said in this thread. Ugh, if there was some way to remove old posts...
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 4:09 am

I have three things to point out about that post.

#1: It's a double post, which you just did in another thread too. Double posting in such a short amount of time is technically against the rules. to avoid getting into trouble, you should go back and click the "edit" button in your post (which is in varying positions depending on which theme you're using).

#2: In that post, there is a grammatical mistake that majorly bugs me.

[quote]I find it sad the younger viewers aren't able to appreciate the hyenas. Because there go are chances of getting a movie about them.[/quote]

That should read, "I find it sad that the younger viewers aren't able to appreciate the hyenas, because there go our chances of getting a movie about them."

And it's not just that that makes Disney reluctant to make another movie, as I said already. Two sequels is plenty and if they add more, especially this much later, it would probably not sell well no matter who the main characters are.

#3: Timon and Pumbaa have something the hyenas will never have that appeals to more than just the kids. Repeat after me: Hakuna Matata.

I like the hyenas too, and I don't even consider them to be villains, but there's almost definitely not going to be another TLK movie. Not one about them, nor one about Scar's and Mufasa's childhood, nor one about Kovu and Kiara's cubs. Disney has no intentions of making such a movie and it would be too risky for them to do. TLK will live on through rereleases and TLKoB. And of course, through the fandom.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Like I said, if there was some way to remove idiotic posts I made...
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King