Possible new Lion King movie?

Re: Possible new Lion King movie?

Postby Claws » October 13th, 2013, 1:39 am

I think "possible" is not the keyword here
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Meskhenet » October 13th, 2013, 2:23 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]First off, the article is placed under a Walt Disney Forum, and this is therefore not really an article reporting an official statement from the Walt Disney Company. And on top of that, John Lasseter made a statement in 2008 that The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning will be the last Disney direct-to-video sequel. So, I can conclude this article is bogus.

Darn it, TimonLotso, you had my hopes up! (Well, not really! Disney usually doesn't make a quadrilogy of their animated films so I wouldn't hold my breath for a fourth Lion King movie.)[/quote]

I agree TheLionPrince! I'm sorry TimonLotso, but it's a scam. At the rate Disney is going I don't think we're not going to see any Lion King movies in the future, and quite frankly I would prefer that they don't for a couple of reasons.

1: The Animation Style- Let's admit it the animation these days suck terribly. They're using 3D nowadays and it just wouldn't fit in with The Lion King 2D persona despite the fact they redone The Lion King in 3D (Which I have to admit they did a wonderful job). And it would be a shame if there was a Lion King movie to fall into that cheap, crappy 3D animation they use on cheap lousy made movies.

2: The Lion King Is A Trilogy- The Lion King was supposed to have three movies with The Lion King II: Simba's Pride completing it. So the probabilty of a fourth movie is highly unlikely. If a fourth one was going to be created then the back of the of the second movie wouldn't have said "All the power and majesty of The Lion King return in this final volume of The Lion King trilogy".
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 13th, 2013, 6:55 pm

[quote="Zulama"][quote="TheLionPrince"]First off, the article is placed under a Walt Disney Forum, and this is therefore not really an article reporting an official statement from the Walt Disney Company. And on top of that, John Lasseter made a statement in 2008 that The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning will be the last Disney direct-to-video sequel. So, I can conclude this article is bogus. [/quote][/quote]

They'll take back what they said about it being the last sequel.

After all, they HAVE to make another movie with the hyenas in it, or about them. It is a MUST.

Plus, the Disney sequels were so popular, I'm sure they'll start making them again in no time.

It may be 10, 20, 50 or even 100 years before we get another one, but trust me, we CERTAINLY haven't seen the last of LK. It's wayyyyyyyy too popular to go out. Someone will make a movie 4 at some point, guaranteed. ;)
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby PegaFlair » October 28th, 2013, 7:27 pm

I agree with you Simba the Lion King! :)

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26
PegaFlair

Nickname(s): Flair, Brie
Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » October 28th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Considering that Disney gave its 2D animation studio the axe, I find it highly unlikely that there will ever be another TLK movie.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » October 28th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Coming to stores in your computer in Summer 2113, the longest awaited Disney sequel EVER: THE LION KING 4, in 3D!!! DON'T MISS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME RELEASE. This film will only be available for download for one week, and then it's going BACK INTO THE VAULT.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 2:35 am

[quote="DGFone"]Considering that Disney gave its 2D animation studio the axe, I find it highly unlikely that there will ever be another TLK movie.[/quote]

What, with all the fans of the hyenas who deserve a hyena movie?

In the words of Shenzi Marie, "I don't think so!"
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 2:41 am

^ The fandom's not as large as you think it is, and it's kind of underground. On top of that, majority of fans are not hyena fans and even the ones who are many are not interested in seeing another movie. Would it be cool? Maybe, if they could get the right people to work on it. Is it likely to happen? No. The Lion King's success comes mainly from the original film, and if it brings in anymore revenue it will be from rereleases or T&P stuff. You can keep dreaming if you want, but another movie is EXTREMELY unlikely, especially not one about the hyenas or giving them major roles.

This from a person who likes the hyenas.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 2:43 am

They've expanded on Timon and Pumbaa, though. Why not the hyenas?
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 2:47 am

Because Timon and Pumbaa are the most loved characters beyond the fandom and, most importantly, kids love them. Disney caters to kids. Kids like fart jokes and Timon and Pumbaa's kind of humor, and what the kids like, the parents spend money on.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King