Possible new Lion King movie?

Re: Possible new Lion King movie?

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 3:33 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Really, are there NO kids who like the hyenas?[/quote]

Where did you get that? Of course some kids do. That is why I specifically kept saying "most kids."

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]And hakuna mutata shouldn't make T&P better than the hyenas.[/quote]

Hakuna Matata is an ideal that most people would love to be able to live by. That song is one of the things that viewers other than avid fans find most memorable from the film, and many fans do as well. Who would't want to live with no worries?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Man, I made a lot of crappy posts. Well, I'm paying the price for it all.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 3:41 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]OK....but since SOME kids love the hyenas, it WOULDN'T be completely pointless to make a movie about them, as you were suggesting earlier.

And how do you know that ALL kids like T&P? Some might not![/quote]

You are grasping at straws. Again, I never said all kids like Timon and Pumbaa. And a movie is pointless if it doesn't make a profit. If only a few people are interested in it, it's not going to make more money than it cost to make it. If it doesn't make more than the costs of production, in the business world, that makes it completely pointless to invest in.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Well, like I said, I'm trying to be better now, and the first step I'm taking is removing all the trolling I did.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PegaFlair » October 29th, 2013, 6:39 pm

I really like the hyenas too, but I almost think if they were to make another movie, it should be about Mufasa and Taka's childhood.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26
PegaFlair

Nickname(s): Flair, Brie
Pride Points: 0

Postby RedKite » October 29th, 2013, 6:52 pm

I LOVE THE HYENAS! I have a shenzi plush! It should be about the hyena's now, after the 2nd movie, where did they go? Did they have any pups?
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 9:03 pm

[quote="RedKite"]I LOVE THE HYENAS! I have a shenzi plush! It should be about the hyena's now, after the 2nd movie, where did they go? Did they have any pups?[/quote]

I'm sure they did. That's one thing the movies never do show---hyena pups.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby EdtheHyena » February 4th, 2014, 9:14 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"] this much later, it would probably not sell well no matter who the main characters are.

#3: Timon and Pumbaa have something the hyenas will never have that appeals to more than just the kids. Repeat after me: Hakuna Matata.

[/quote]

That's a bad thing, though, isn't it? There's this whole discussion on it in another thread, but I saw this and just had to wonder if you consider it a good thing.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » February 4th, 2014, 9:36 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"][quote="Julie Skywalker"] this much later, it would probably not sell well no matter who the main characters are.

#3: Timon and Pumbaa have something the hyenas will never have that appeals to more than just the kids. Repeat after me: Hakuna Matata.

[/quote]

That's a bad thing, though, isn't it? There's this whole discussion on it in another thread, but I saw this and just had to wonder if you consider it a good thing.[/quote]
I think that depends on your point of view. From my perspective, it's not bad or good that Hakuna Matata is more appealing to kids than the hyenas. It was intended that way, and if the kids like the movies well enough, they'll grow up and probably change their perspective on the film and choose other characters as their favourites.

As far as a movie that wouldn't sell, well, again I think it's down to perspective, but to me, it's good not to bother making one. First of all, the writers wouldn't put much into it. Sequels are never that good when they come out a very long time after the original. Many fans of the original would bash it, no matter how good it turned out, and people would get into fights about whether or not it counts as part of the series. But more importantly, to me, if another movie were to come out, it would put restrictions on the fandom, and the thing I love most about this fandom is the mass of creativity it has.

I wouldn't hate it if another movie came out, and I'd be glad to go watch it, but it wouldn't do well, and it would cause people fight, so it's not that good of an idea to me.

I hope that answers your question.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby EdtheHyena » February 4th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Well, thanks for trying to answer, but what I was saying was that you made it sound like Hakuna Mutata itself was a good thing, when it's generally agreed that it isn't.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King