Do you prefer the Pridelanders or the Outsiders?

Do you prefer the Pridelanders or the Outsiders?

Pridelanders.
32%
Outsiders.
27%
Both are great.
36%
Other. (Specify)
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Do you prefer the Pridelanders or the Outsiders?

Postby cleargreenwater » March 6th, 2012, 2:19 am

I voted "Other" for the Hyenas. They are really amazing and facinating animals, and while the TLK characters don't physically resemble actual hyenas too terribly much there is a hella lot Disney did beautifully in TLK in regards to them.

I love that their designs are adept at reflecting two very different modes, goofy and scary, with just slight re-emphasis of elements in their designs. And they rocked some very subtle and accurate mannerisms/behaviors of the animals--not that Disney didn't with the lions, too, but it's more of a focal point when it comes up with the lions when they do, whereas with the hyenas, you consistently get these great little understated nods to greater naturalism than and can see the shadow of real spotted hyenas behind them much more than the lion characters. And as for unique designs, there are a few nameless ones with identifying design tweeks that don't even serve a narrative purpose like the unique Outlanders, other than as background threatening loafers & lackeys.

It's all a matter of preference, though, really, because even choosing between Pridelander & Outlander lions, I would choose the Pridelanders, the uniqueness so many love about the Outlanders I see as a larger creative departure from the original aesthetic/designs of TLK.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Saffyminty » March 10th, 2012, 8:21 am

I think they are both great. Pridelanders are beautiful and majestic. Outsides beacause they are unique and mostly cute. I like that they are not perfect.
But I love them both!!! <3
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Prefer being Pridelander but perhaps meeting cute outlander male lion would be nice.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King