favorite lion king character (that isn't a lion)

favorite lion king character (that isn't a lion)

Postby Elton John » March 1st, 2015, 11:47 pm

My vote goes to zazu. Why?

He's extremely loyal to the royal family. Even after being teased by the cubs, smashed by a rhino, and faced with three hungry predators all he can think about is simba and nalas safety.

When simba is facing a herd of charging wildebeasts, zazu is frantically searching for him. Before scar knocks him unconscious, his first line of thought is to find others for help.

When simba is ascending to throne, he has a look of awe that is both a sign of respect and acceptance.

I also love rowen atkinsons performance. If you've ever seen blackadder or mr bean you know that he's a fantastic actor and has a lot of range
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: favorite lion king character (that isn't a lion)

Postby SimbasGuard » March 5th, 2015, 10:13 pm

My favorite would be Rafiki. You have to love a wise man that knows martial arts. I also love that despite the fact that he he talks in riddles, he can also be as straightforward and blunt as a hit over the head with a stick.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » March 7th, 2015, 6:41 am

My favorite would be Pumbaa. Like me, he is kind, caring, loyal, always comes up with interesting ideas, and always ready to help (as displayed when he wanted to help Simba in . On an embarrassing note, like Pumbaa, I have a flatulent problem. I can't be too sure if it comes from the food I eat, but sometimes I have been releasing unpleasant gas though I direct it away from people so they don't smell it.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby The Spirit of Life » March 10th, 2015, 3:03 am

I've got to go with the "creepy little monkey" (as Simba put it), for the same reasons that SimbasGuard listed.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Lauren » March 10th, 2015, 4:03 am

I'd say either Rafiki or Shenzi. :)

Rafiki is one of those wise, old, and knowledgeable mentors that would help you in any situation in which you need the help. He was able to help Simba rediscover himself at a time where he was at his lowest point and he felt confident to go back home thanks to him. Also, it's nice seeing him have a long lasting relationship with the lion generations, in which it goes from Mufasa to Simba and then Kiara. I find his whimsical behavior pretty amusing to where it's not annoying. ^^

Shenzi has her sass and she's very funny to me when it comes to the way she interacts with others around her (especially that one scene in 1.5 where she said "Hi, to you too" towards Timon after trying to say "Hyena" three times while panicking.) :P
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Iberian » March 10th, 2015, 9:28 pm

------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbaPrescott » March 10th, 2015, 11:13 pm

I would have to say Rafiki. I love his often crazy way of imparting his wisdom. And he knows martial arts - awesome 8-)
Zazu is a close second though. I love how devoted he is to his duty.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Shadowfax » March 12th, 2015, 11:03 am

Gotta be Ed for me :D He's so cute and hilarious :3
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby PrincessKiara » March 15th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Rafiki and Zazu.
Rafiki is a wonderful character, he`s both wise and mysterious and also provides some excellent comic relief.
Zazu is fun (gotta love Rowan Atkinson!!) he`s clearly a devoted servant of the King and I think he has a heart of gold. Two of my favourite Zazu moments are when he comforts Sarabi when they hear the devastating news of Mufasas death and when he greets Simba after he defeats Scar.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » March 23rd, 2015, 5:10 am

Shenzi, who is my #1 by far.
ILoveShenziMarie

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King