Tlk on broadway recorded for use in virtual reality!

Tlk on broadway recorded for use in virtual reality!

Postby Elton John » November 18th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Tlk on broadway recorded for use in virtual reality!

Postby Lynx » November 18th, 2015, 8:38 pm

I wonder if it could eventually reach on demand on Youtube since they've started supporting 360 degree video?
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbaPrescott » November 19th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Interesting. This will be pretty cool for people who can't watch it in person!
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby KiovuLove » November 28th, 2015, 12:20 am

it is pretty cool! I have yet to see it, i havent had a chance so it was pretty cool to actually see a bit of it
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby DGFone » November 28th, 2015, 7:24 am

I find it an interesting gimmick, but I don't see it taking off too well. After all, even this video has plenty of moments where I feel the 3D fails: when the camera switches position. The whole point is that with this kind of controlled 3D, you are the one controlling the camera, so you see what you want to see. So imagine moving it to the perfect spot for the scene...

...Only for the whole thing to flunk in a single frame when the video decided that they want to relocate the camera, and that angle you placed it at to get the image just right now has you staring at a wall while all the action is now behind the black.

Give me full control or non at all, is all I am saying. This half-job is a fail compromise IMO.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Squeely » December 23rd, 2015, 10:51 am

Very cool. It's extremely laggy in the two highest qualities for me, though.

And I agree with DGF that the camera switches ruin the experience some. They're jarring, even if they do allow for a neat backstage shot. They should have had a few cameras film this from a few places, and use those to allow the viewer to switch to those places. Otherwise the point of moving the camera around is moot.

What I do like about this, though, is it gives a good close-up look at all the CoL puppets. I know where to watch the full musical on YouTube via an unlisted video, but as that particular recording was done in 2000 from a seat that isn't incredibly close-up, it's understandably low quality. So it's cool to get a high-quality look at it.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to Beyond The Lion King