One of my professors worked on LK

One of my professors worked on LK

Postby Remorazz » October 30th, 2014, 10:23 pm

My teacher for Animation 101, Antony De Fato, worked on the hyenas in Lion King, and other awesome Disney movies. Every time we have class I have to resist the urge to run up and ask for autographs and stuff.
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Re: One of my professors worked on LK

Postby Arbystrider » November 1st, 2014, 12:46 am

Well, at least you know he's actually proficient in his field.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » November 2nd, 2014, 9:01 pm

That is awesome! I would also ask an animator, story artist, or prominent animation-based employee about the process of animation, how the story and characters of major animated films evolved during production, and what the outlook is for the industry myself. In the end, if you do well in his class, he could be a vital reference for you to work at the Walt Disney Animation Studios or another animation studio.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Remorazz » November 3rd, 2014, 9:19 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]he could be a vital reference for you to work at the Walt Disney Animation Studios or another animation studio.[/quote]
Actually, Disney was at the school last week during one of the Company Days. Those hiring opportunities are only open to upper classmen, but I did attend a lecture the Disney representatives set up.

I love my school :D
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby Arbystrider » November 3rd, 2014, 12:14 pm

At least you're not burdened by certain death immediately after graduation from school...
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Timitu » November 14th, 2014, 12:09 pm

That is good to have a teacher in the field like that. Like others have said, do well and ask for help when you need it. You want to pick his brain with his knowledge especially if possibly working for Disney one day is something you wish to do. Maybe one day you will be in that upper class men that get to go be hired by Disney. Do you guys have any internships? I don't know if Disney takes in interns for art but it is something to ask about. He may be a good contact person for you should you ever want to get into the company. It is often who you know that gets you that job of your dreams.
Timitu
Lilymud Secret Santa Organizer

Pride Points: 0

Return to Beyond The Lion King