Matthew Broderick

Matthew Broderick

Postby ASHLEY12354 » February 26th, 2014, 1:23 am

The voice of Adult Simba, known for films such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Cable Guy. He has a pretty good singing voice as seen in
The Producers which actually had Nathan Lane (Timon) in it too so that makes things quite funny! Timon and Simba :lol: and the funniest thing is - a deleted scene had Ernie Sabella (Pumbaa). It's a shame Matthew didn't provide Simba's singing voice though, i believe i read somewhere that he couldn't get the right singing voice or something like that but Cam Clarke did a good job. 8-)
ASHLEY12354

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ASHMAN
Pride Points: 5

Re: Matthew Broderick

Postby Kiburi » February 27th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Ferris Bueller's day off is definitely one of my other favorite movies of all time. It's hilarious.

Matthew Broderick is a pretty good voice actor in TLK, and that can be difficult, even more difficult than actually acting at times, as you have to convey emotions through your voice, and your voice only.

He does have a good singing voice, but it is hard to tell the difference (at least to me) between Cam Clarke's voice, and Matthew Broderick's.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby TheLionPrince » February 27th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Actually, Jason Williams (son of composer John William) did adult Simba's singing voice in the first movie whereas Cam Clarke did the singing in Simba's Pride.

Either way, Matthew Broderick did an amazing job as adult Simba. Also, one overlooked aspect in Broderick's life is that he actually did kill someone in a deadly car crash, and almost went to jail for it. He was later fined $175 for it. Whether the filmmakers knew about it or not, it actually did make the portrayal of Simba's guilt over "killing" someone more believable having the actual actor that did the same.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on March 3rd, 2014, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Lauren » March 1st, 2014, 4:27 am

Wow. I seriously did not know about him incorporating that guilt from the car accident into the performance. That's talent right there. He was fantastic as Simba. :)

As for his other films, I have only seen a few of them, but the ones I like are just fine. The Cable Guy is enjoyable due to the odd duo of him and Jim Carrey together. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my favorite films due to the fact that the simplicity of the story actually holds a lot more depth than you assume it has (also because it's very funny for a 1980s movie). I have also seen Glory several times and he was really good in his role as Colonel Robert Gould Shaw, which I dug into and took seriously. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MooLion » March 20th, 2014, 2:33 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Also, one overlooked aspect in Broderick's life is that he actually did kill someone in a deadly car crash, and almost went to jail for it. He was later fined $175 for it. Whether the filmmakers knew about it or not, it actually did make the portrayal of Simba's guilt over "killing" someone more believable having the actual actor that did the same.[/quote]

Blimey, I certainly never knew that. I do think for someone losing their life, $175 doesn't seem very much to compensate really. Being an actor shouldn't really give extra allowances.

Anyway, yeah, I think he does well as Simba's voice. The only other film I can remember watching him in was Godzilla, and that was pretty pants. However, I thought he was rather sweet in the film. :) I like doing that thing where you listen to the actor speak and envision him speaking those lines as Simba. I've done that with Kevin Bacon for Balto too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done that. :P

Last thing I heard about Matthew was a few years back that he was quietly married and had dyed his hair blond.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 16th, 2014, 5:49 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]

Either way, Matthew Broderick did an amazing job as adult Simba. Also, one overlooked aspect in Broderick's life is that he actually did kill someone in a deadly car crash, and almost went to jail for it. He was later fined $175 for it. Whether the filmmakers knew about it or not, it actually did make the portrayal of Simba's guilt over "killing" someone more believable having the actual actor that did the same.[/quote]

Huh, I did hear about that on Family Guy, and recently looked it up. Seems the dude was pretty badly injured and couldn't even remember doing it.

Either way, whether courtesy of Mr. Broderick or Mr. Clark, Simba's voice is always done pretty well.

While on the topic of Broderick, I've never seen Ferris Bueller before, but definitely know about it.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby EdtheHyena » July 9th, 2014, 9:08 pm

First of all, I just want to say that I loooooove "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and think Broderick did an excellent job in it.

However, I was less than impressed with him having anything to do with LK. I definitely love FBDO 10,000 times more than LK, which I basically just like for the hyenas, and feel any actors from FBDO being involved in LK just felt...I dunno, offensive.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Todd23 » July 9th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]First of all, I just want to say that I loooooove "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and think Broderick did an excellent job in it.

However, I was less than impressed with him having anything to do with LK. I definitely love FBDO 10,000 times more than LK, which I basically just like for the hyenas, and feel any actors from FBDO being involved in LK just felt...I dunno, offensive.[/quote]

Why, just out of curiosity? If you the like movie well enough, why are you offended that an actor from a movie you love is in that movie?
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby EdtheHyena » July 9th, 2014, 11:15 pm

I don't really like TLK, other than the hyenas.

I know, it's kind of hypocritical for me to even be on this forum.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Todd23 » July 10th, 2014, 4:11 am

^Even if that is the case, don't you think you're overreacting a bit by saying it's offensive that someone who was in a movie you liked is in another movie you didn't like? I hate to tell you what to think but it seems like disappointment would be the better word to use...

Sorry if it comes off as forcing you to think in some way, I just personally you're overreacting a bit by being offended by Broderick's presence in the film just because he was in a movie you liked, that's all!
Todd23

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King