Moira Kelly

Moira Kelly

Postby ASHLEY12354 » February 26th, 2014, 1:14 am

The voice of Adult Nala, great actor in my opinion, i think her voice was perfect for Nala, she's great in the 1992 movie - The Cutting Edge however it's kinda weird as i always hear Nala and i see it as Nala's voice coming out of a human :lol: guess you can see there how addicted to LK i am :lol: :lol:

what are your thoughts on Moira?
ASHLEY12354

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ASHMAN
Pride Points: 5

Re: Moira Kelly

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 12:00 pm

Moira did excellent job with voice acting. Not seen many of her other films, but here she clearly shined. She gave the kindness and respect into Nala's voice as the Queen to be she needed to have. Couldn't much think of a better choice to be the voice of this very special feline.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby EdtheHyena » October 12th, 2014, 3:51 am

To be perfectly honest, I think this was a terrible choice. Not because her VA seems any bad, but because---like Matthew Broderick---it's a very bland performance that lacks a lot of the character that Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons, and so many of the rest of the cast have, and the fact that she gets very little to perform only makes it less memorable.

I'm not trying to persuade those who like it to feel otherwise. I'm simply stating that I believe the film crew could have hired someone with a more memorable, distinct voice that would give definite character to the character.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 10:00 am

[quote="ASHLEY12354"]The voice of Adult Nala, great actor in my opinion, i think her voice was perfect for Nala, she's great in the 1992 movie - The Cutting Edge however it's kinda weird as i always hear Nala and i see it as Nala's voice coming out of a human :lol:

what are your thoughts on Moira?[/quote]

Like I said, though...omg, why should I repeat it when nobody gives a [censored] about what I say?

I'm sorry, I just hate that no one seems to care about how I feel. I just don't like that Nala seems to be PERFECT in the eyes of all fans. Can't they dislike SOMETHING about her, even something as trivial as her voice actor's performace?

And...WHat??! wouldn't you feel the same seeing any other LK voice coming out of a human? I just feel weird hearing this about Nala since her voice was less distinguishable than some of the other characters. I mean...Shenzi's voice coming out of Whoopi Goldberg?! Anyone!??

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » December 24th, 2014, 10:32 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"]Like I said, though...omg, why should I repeat it when nobody gives a [censored] about what I say?[/quote]

If no one responds to what you say, it's not that they don't care what you have to say. I know I try not to reply unless I have something that will add to the conversation.

[quote="EdtheHyena"] I'm sorry, I just hate that no one seems to care about how I feel. I just don't like that Nala seems to be PERFECT in the eyes of all fans. Can't they dislike SOMETHING about her, even something as trivial as her voice actor's performace? [/quote]

I am not trying to speak for anyone else on this form, but the way I see it is like this. If you don't like Moira Kelly's voice acting as Nala, that is your opinion and you have a right to it. If no one says anything regarding what you said don't take it as being ignored, just take it as people recognizing that you have a different opinion. I personally really enjoyed Moira Kelly's performance as Nala, I thought her voice fit the character perfectly. She had no problem conveying, joy, surprise, anger, gentleness, and authority. Now that is simply my opinion, everyone hears things differently.

[quote="EdtheHyena"]And...WHat??! wouldn't you feel the same seeing any other LK voice coming out of a human? I just feel weird hearing this about Nala since her voice was less distinguishable than some of the other characters. I mean...Shenzi's voice coming out of Whoopi Goldberg?! Anyone!??[/quote]

Well for me any time I see someone that was in The Lion King (in a movie or T.V. Show) My first thought is Oh they played this character in The Lion King. However I first took notice of Moira Kelly's name when she was in The Lion King so that is the first role I associate her with. (The Same holds true of Nathan Lane and Jeremy Irons).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King