Nala as a cub

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Nala as a cub

Postby mermaidgirl888 » August 5th, 2014, 9:39 pm

When Simba and Nala are rescued from the elephant graveyard, she keeps looking at Simba but he won't look at her. When Zazu takes her home, she gives him one final look. I know this seems kind of dumb, but I never knew why she kept looking at him even after watching it countless times. Also, many people always say that Nala and Simba were strictly friends when they were cubs, but I think she always had a crush on him. For example, when Simba says "lets go check it out", she looks at him as if she's in awe of him. That's what I always thought. What's your opinion?
mermaidgirl888

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Nala as a cub

Postby Elton John » October 29th, 2014, 10:37 am

Ya, I always thought that they didn't want to admit that they cared for each other.

The way that simba shields nala from the hyenas, the way that simba strikes shenzi {i think that was her?} when nala is having trouble climbing the elephant graveyard.

The way that nala says "I thought you were very brave" and the way that nala cries after learning about simbas "death"
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Arbystrider » November 1st, 2014, 1:00 am

I think this ties in closely to how you can hear the melody to CYFTLT in that shot where Zazu flies down and says "Oh, just look at you two, little seeds of romance, blossoming in the savannah. Your parents will be thrilled!".

I really do think they had a thing for each other since cubhood.

Now that you bring it up, I've never noticed that Nala kept looking at him, but Simba never really looked at her very much, but I think he's just avoiding her. I do that all the time when there's someone IRL I have a crush on.

Now I'm 18, and I've never even hugged a girl.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Elton John » November 1st, 2014, 1:27 am

[quote="Arbystrider"]
Now that you bring it up, I've never noticed that Nala kept looking at him, but Simba never really looked at her very much, but I think he's just avoiding her.[/quote]

Yeah.

Like I mentioned, simba does his best to protect her from the hyenas. He does care for her even though he doesn't want to admit it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PrincessKiara » March 16th, 2015, 11:25 pm

I don`t think Simba and Nala had a crush on each other when they were cubs.
In my opinion, Nala is glancing at Simba because she is feeling sympathetic towards him. Simba clearly feels bad for disappointing his father and is aware that he`s in deep trouble. Nala tried to make Simba feel better by telling him how brave she thought Simba was.. he did try to protect her and even saved her life!
When the cubs are walking together, I think they both feel ashamed and worried about the reactions of their parents, but I think Nala mostly feels bad for Simba and wants to cheer him up or comfort him - she looks at him, but notices how he keeps his gaze down and doesn`t speak, so she also doesn`t know what to say...
Hope my post makes sense. :)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to Characters