The hyena three in general

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

The hyena three in general

Postby EdtheHyena » February 4th, 2014, 6:50 am

I keep feeling like these three are some of the most awesome characters ever created. Awesome looking, funny, badass, but also dark, menacing, and threatening. I really feel, despite all the doubt I've seen, that they could hold up a movie on their own. I still wonder where they went after the movie---somewhere with food, I hope!

To quote someone else on this site...

[quote]You keep on and on referring to the hyenas as "loved". Where are you getting this opinion from? Certainly on this website we've established from your many threads that most people do not care.[/quote]

Most people don't care about them here...PROOF they are underrated!

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Re: The hyena three in general

Postby MooLion » March 20th, 2014, 7:19 pm

I think people were more bothered you kept going on about the hyenas rather than they simply disliked them? I dunno.

Anyway I do like the hyena characters. I often kind of forget about them, though D:, even though I really like their designs and interesting ways. So I like them more than my mind gives them credit for! Shenzi might be my favourite, but Ed is fun.

:ed: :banzaismile: :epicshenziface:
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 1st, 2014, 8:00 pm

Hmm...feels like an attempt to appeal to goth teens. Who would have guessed Disney would try something like that?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby tigerlover » December 3rd, 2015, 3:19 am

I like them too! :)
tigerlover
Tigress

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tiger
Pride Points: 3

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 15th, 2015, 3:02 pm

The problem with the hyenas is that they are never given any depth. All they are ever treated as are comic relief, despite the fact that in many ways they are the coolest characters in the movie.

I think movie 3 sort of tried to give Timon and Pumbaa, or Timon at least, more depth, and feel the hyenas would get more appreciation if something like that was done with them. They're my favorite characters, definitely, since they're both cool-looking and have just the right amount of menacingness and humor. However, they're also extremely lacking in character depth. I understand that's not what the movie about---I made a thread earlier in which I was pointed out to why Nala, even, lacked a lot of character and flaws---but I would have liked to know a little more about their characters.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Squeely » December 16th, 2015, 10:43 am

I love the hyenas! I'm glad TLG brought hyenas back as enemies - hyenas in general are just so cool. I hope the original trio make some appearances on TLG.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to Characters