Vitani

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Vitani

Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Vitani :awaken:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Vitani

Postby Carl » October 18th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Vitani is a cool character IMO because she is great for roleplays and fan fictions. I mean we're given so little, aside from her tomboyishness and the fact that she has some amount of good or logic in her. We are given just enough to give her a bit of personality, and to know that she is Zira's daughter. I prefer characters like this to characters like Sarafina, because there is a little bit of something already there to build off of. In Sarafina's case all we know is that she is Nala's mother and in one scene asked for Sarabi's opinion on something. That's it. But with Vitani, we get to see a little bit of her cubhood and some of her adulthood/adolescence.

She is shown as being somewhat bitter, but all of the Outlanders were, and understandably so. And there's not much other than that, but it is enough to give rise to theories of why. It begs the question, where does that come from? Is it just her personality, is it life in the Outlands, is it some unknown factor, is it jealousy over Kovu's position? There is so much left open to decide about her, and so many different ways to portray her without breaking that little we know of her.

She can be believably Zira's child by blood, or a kidnapped daughter of Nala, or even a random cub Zira adopted. She can be believably loyal to Kovu and Kiara once the prides have merged, and she can be believably against them. She can be believably straight, lesbian, bi, asexual. She can be believably cruel and cold, and she can be believably kind. It all depends on how the writer goes about it. I could keep listing things, but it could take a while, for to me, her potential is vast and nearly limitless.

The only thing Vitani can not be believably portrayed as, that I have thought of or seen, is girly girly, like Kiara. She would never be like that. :P

Not to mention she has a wonderful character design. She's scruffy, and has that tuft on her head. She's got the only Outlander-style nose that is not black, it being pink. She's got purplish-blue eyes, and her colours are practically Pridelander colours. She's not grey or brown or reddish. Yes, Zira's colours are Pridelander-esque too, but most of the Outlanders have darker fur. To me, Vitani just has this... odd beauty. I don't know. I'm weird. :P

And finally, I have always felt a connection to her, being an "unappealing" outcast myself. I always got this feeling that she was somewhat misunderstood, and that she's only an "antihero" because she was remaining loyal to her family, which I can quite understand. My family doesn't have it too great, but I wouldn't bail on them for a rich almost-stranger without a damn good reason.

I don't know, I'm rambling and probably not making sense anymore, so I'll shut up. :innocent2:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DragonFromNewYork » March 26th, 2014, 8:56 pm

^I like that post. :demonic: :proud3:

Vitani was, is, and always will be my favorite character from TLK universe. Like previously stated, we don't know too much about her so there's a lot of holes that can be filled in, but I love her for who she was in the film and because I can relate to her. She is incredibly loyal and always up for a fight (I love that side of her), but will know when to change views because in the end she has a heart, but it just takes someone to help her to realize an important point. I must say, however, that I'm very biased towards adult Vitani. I thought that baby Vitani was more bratty than she needed to be in the beginning of SP, but then again that could be because her character was developing and there was a need for the presence of the annoying kid sister of the then-teen Nuka.
But when she grew up? Man oh man. It's too late for me to not get started on how I like the way she looks. She has a perfectly tomboyish type of beauty, which is (strangely) not defined on any of the other outsider lionesses. (I suppose this can be connected to Sarabi as well, as for the most part the other pridelander lionesses have just about the same or similar faces.) Besides the slight resemblance to her mother, she almost resembles some of me as well with her bushy eyebrows and long fur tuft (I got one, too, and some of it almost completely covers my eyes.) And when she's really excited about something (like's Simba's death) she gets this aggresive, almost manic expression and it's sooo great. I mean, how can you not love this

But anyway, moving along to her parentage. I'm almost certain that Zira is her biological mother, but I'm not sure about the father. I've heard the Scar theory and sure, I guess it could be possible but then where would the light fur, pink nose and blue eyes come from..? I'm certainly down for a discussion of that, if anyone knows more theories about this than I do.
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby KiddAmix » April 22nd, 2014, 5:10 am

"But anyway, moving along to her parentage. I'm almost certain that Zira is her biological mother, but I'm not sure about the father. I've heard the Scar theory and sure, I guess it could be possible but then where would the light fur, pink nose and blue eyes come from..? I'm certainly down for a discussion of that, if anyone knows more theories about this than I do."

in reply to the above I personally don't think scar fathered Vitani. Since Kovu was declared in the movie as not his son, and Kovuand vitani being pretty close in age tells me they are both from the same litter and different father. Although technically if Scar was the father he could in fact pass down genes for colored eyes. My dad's side of the family has grey/green/blue eyes (those colors mixed in one eye) and He has hazel(honey colored/gold) eyes. I didn't get hazel eyes I got the same as his dad and brothers grey/blue/green. As long as the gene is there it can be any of those
My DA account: chibikage15.deviantart.com
KiddAmix
K/A

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chibi/Amix/Kidd/
Pride Points: 1

Return to Characters