Zazu

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Zazu

Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Zazu :yap:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Zazu

Postby EdtheHyena » December 8th, 2013, 4:30 am

I know I've said in the past I don't like him, but I think the reason is that the movie doesn't really highlight any positive sides of him. For example, it's only implied that he alerted Mufasa about the cubs being caught by the hyenas. What the viewer ends up remembering him for is how he failed to protect them by himself (because of Mufasa's glare).

We remember him for constantly being harassed, yet he ends up being someone we remember for laughs. It's hard to truly like a character when they're written that way.

On the other hand, I really like his design, and think he had potential to be a much more amiable character, if given a little more attention and taken a little more seriously.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Re: Zazu

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 18th, 2014, 1:07 am

I respect how other people feel about Zazu, but I just love him. Zazu did try to protect Simba and Nala. If you watch the scene closer. Zazu actually put himself in between Shenzi and Simba, willing to die if necessary. He did alert Mufasa, otherwise, Simba and Nala would've died. I see him as a brave and heroic little bird, and I am proud to love him. :proud: :zazu:
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Return to Characters