Timon

Re: Timon

Postby Timon the great » March 21st, 2014, 5:24 am

^Say whatever you want. It doesn't change or take away anything I've already said or pointed out about Timon or in this topic of his.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby DragonFromNewYork » March 26th, 2014, 7:34 pm

I've always been on the fence with Timon and Pumbaa, but after I watched the show on Broadway I realized that at least in the play and the first film, he is a genuinely funny character. In the second film I suppose his humour naturally had to be watered down a bit, especially with the introduction of many new characters including a third source of comic relief, Nuka. I don't remember too much from the Lion King 1 1/2, but I suppose I did appreciate the perspective, even if I didn't pay much attention to it when I was younger.
I do like his original design a lot, and his relationship with Pumbaa as well. And I must say, I also like his singing voice in the TV show. This song was always my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHyEmis8vM
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby Timon8 » June 18th, 2014, 4:26 pm

--
Last edited by Timon8 on December 12th, 2016, 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » June 20th, 2015, 7:52 pm

[quote="Timon8"]

EDIT: The ''Timon and Pumbaa''-version of Stand By Me is also a really good proove Timon is not just a selfish jerk. He loves Pumbaa a lot.[/quote]

I thought the point of it all was supposed to prove Pumbaa loved Timon a lot, for taking all those anvils and crap for him!
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Arbystrider » June 21st, 2015, 11:03 am

What's funny is that his name is the word for "cucumber" in my language.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » July 3rd, 2015, 8:21 am

Huh.

That still doesn't solve the mystery as to why people think he's such a martyr in the stand by me song.
ILoveShenziMarie

Pride Points: 2

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 25th, 2015, 7:39 pm

[quote="Timon8"]

EDIT: The ''Timon and Pumbaa''-version of Stand By Me is also a really good proove Timon is not just a selfish jerk. He loves Pumbaa a lot.[/quote]

I've seen that and it's quite funny to me, but have you actually seen it? It's Timon at his absolute cruelest and shows that he enjoys Pumbaa getting hurt to extremes. There's nothing nice about that. :(
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby Squeely » January 3rd, 2016, 11:58 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]I've seen that and it's quite funny to me, but have you actually seen it? It's Timon at his absolute cruelest and shows that he enjoys Pumbaa getting hurt to extremes. There's nothing nice about that. :([/quote]
To me, it looked like Timon was oblivious to what was happening to Pumbaa. He was clearly caught up in singing the song. In cartoons, characters often get so caught up in doing something, that they simply don't notice what's going on around them, and Timon is no exception.

Anyway, I like Timon. Is he selfish and lazy? Yes, but to a point. When the time comes to be unselfish and unlazy, he does the right thing. He genuinely cares about his family and friends, and does his best to make sure that he isn't hurting them. Timon claiming Pumbaa's ideas as his own is meant for comedic effect, and doesn't seem to hurt Pumbaa's feelings. Pumbaa is smarter than he lets on, so I'm of the opinion that Pumbaa doesn't really mind. I don't think Timon claims Pumbaa's ideas as his own with ill intent; he may just find that to be the funnier way of saying "On second thought, I like your idea". After all, he does try to crack jokes as often as possible.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Timon the great » January 30th, 2016, 8:52 am

^ Even all the times when Timon is considered to be selfish (or even lazy) from the films, I never take those things to heart about him at all because I can see that he truly never means them. He's just simply one of the more misunderstood LK film characters and heroes, by the fandom. He truly never means to hurt anyone and everyone.

I seldomly look at him from other material such as the T & P show because those aren't the Timon of the films and especially 1 1/2.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » January 30th, 2016, 11:31 am

[quote="Timon the great"]^ Even all the times when Timon is considered to be selfish (or even lazy) from the films, I never take those things to heart about him at all because I can see that he truly never means them. He's just simply one of the more misunderstood LK film characters and heroes, by the fandom. He truly never means to hurt anyone and everyone.[/quote]
I've found it's a common problem within fandoms that characters with more flaws get more hate :(
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King