Was Timon and Pumbaa's stampede the same one as Simba's?

Was Timon and Pumbaa's stampede the same one as Simba's?

Postby TheLionPrince » July 12th, 2014, 7:51 am

We all know that in the movie Timon and Pumbaa encounter a stampede, which some fans see as a mockery of the tragedy of Mufasa's death. So, while the movie uses the same exact opening sequence of the stampede coming towards them, is their stampede the same one Simba encountered? It's bothered me for years given their stampede last for one minute, and when Timon and Pumbaa land in the river towards the waterfall, we see some wildebeest grazing in the background which is where the hyenas found them. So, tell me your insight on all of this.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Was Timon and Pumbaa's stampede the same one as Simba's?

Postby Zonofon » July 12th, 2014, 7:46 pm

I have always believed that this is the same stampede because TLK 3 is not only the story of Timon (main story), but the view from the outside to the events taking place with Simba. Initially we see how Rafiki shows newborn Simba, then we see events related to the song "I Cant wait to be king". So then we should see the look on the part of this tragic accident.

Yes, of course there are discrepancies in time, but they were also before in TLK 3. I think that the rapid sedation of herd can be explained by the fact that the filmmakers wanted to show calm before Timon and Pumbaa fallen from waterfall: to show contrast.

Incidentally, I do not think it is a mockery of Mufasa (we do not see him in this scene), but Timon and Pumbaa also could suffer from stampede. But this is a topic for another discussion.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Timon8 » July 17th, 2014, 10:21 am

Yes, of course it's the same stampede. They totally didn't mock Mufasa's death. If they said: ''Ooh, Mufasa died because of Pumbaa's fart!'' that would be mocking it.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Biomac » August 21st, 2014, 1:02 am

Well their father didn't die so I guess it's not :P .

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 29th, 2019, 3:33 pm

I've been re-watching the movie recently. It definitely was the same stampede by the looks of the scene, but they seemed to be on the other side of where Simba was. It wasn't a mockery of Mufasa's death to me. The way I see it, it was all a lead-up to their ultimate destiny, which was to meet Simba - and to be a part of his life - with them being at the same places as he was throughout 1 1/2.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½