The final scene.

Re: The final scene.

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I thought it was very fulfilling. It tied up the ends of Timon's adventure and showed what happened to the meerkats. :happy:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby EdtheHyena » April 27th, 2014, 5:38 am

But not the hyenas. *sniff*

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby ScarLoyal » April 27th, 2014, 6:26 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"]But not the hyenas. *sniff*[/quote]
Well, the hyenas fell down the hole and cornered Scar once he too fell down. They eat Scar and most-likely flee before the flames get too close and perhaps, in a 'different world' sort of way they went to a different land.. but without the 'humans' and 'modern technology, human clothes, references. To me that's just too 'unrealistic' to be canon in TLK world. But if you also believe the entire 'T&P' show then wouldn't Scar be still alive? (And if you think that was just a 'joke' then wouldn't everything be just a joke? Though nonetheless, i also loved the hyenas, the idea of them finding a 'better' land is nice to think about. :)
:zirainnocent:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » January 13th, 2021, 4:59 am

Looking back at the ending, I think it was a very fitting one. Timon finally got the other meerkats to live in a place where they can relax and don't have to dig all the time. He dreamed of a better home for his colony, and he finally found it for them.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 8th, 2023, 9:58 pm

Well, if we’re gonna talk about this scene, I’m going to have to talk about what made it special to me. 8-)

I already have a crush on Simba (in addition to Mufasa, of course), but seeing him lying on his back in the pool mane down and that handsome expression was just…quite possibly the hottest he’s ever been.

But I guess it’s partly knowing that it comes after all he went through in the original film, which makes me respect him a lot, so seeing him finally so relaxed and happy is pretty powerful, and just helps make him all the more attractive.

And this really helped compensate for the cheesiness that otherwise fills the scene, haha.

So yeah, that’s my take on the ending (not counting those weird theater bits).
Attachments
C4DC100F-1075-4744-B839-16B196A8B78B.jpeg
Just…him.
C4DC100F-1075-4744-B839-16B196A8B78B.jpeg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby CEVRAM » August 9th, 2023, 12:22 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Well, if we’re gonna talk about this scene, I’m going to have to talk about what made it special to me. 8-)

I already have a crush on Simba (in addition to Mufasa, of course), but seeing him lying on his back in the pool mane down and that handsome expression was just…quite possibly the hottest he’s ever been.

But I guess it’s partly knowing that it comes after all he went through in the original film, which makes me respect him a lot, so seeing him finally so relaxed and happy is pretty powerful, and just helps make him all the more attractive.

And this really helped compensate for the cheesiness that otherwise fills the scene, haha.

So yeah, that’s my take on the ending (not counting those weird theater bits).[/quote]

Looks like a battleship idling among runaway speedboats in that screengrab. But on a more serious note, I enjoyed this scene as well on a thorough level. Having a glimpse of Simba returning to his youthful carefree endeavors with the two characters who helped raise him after he had already taken his rightful place as king was a nice way to end the film, since going by the original release, you'd expect him to be done with such activities once he finally embraced the role which he was destined to fulfill.
CEVRAM

Telegram: CEVRAM
Pride Points: 0

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 9th, 2023, 4:40 am

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Well, if we’re gonna talk about this scene, I’m going to have to talk about what made it special to me. 8-)

So yeah, that’s my take on the ending (not counting those weird theater bits).[/quote]

Looks like a battleship idling among runaway speedboats in that screengrab. [/quote]

Sorry for the space it takes up. I’m still relearning how to properly post images here.

[quote="CEVRAM"]But on a more serious note, I enjoyed this scene as well on a thorough level. Having a glimpse of Simba returning to his youthful carefree endeavors with the two characters who helped raise him after he had already taken his rightful place as king was a nice way to end the film, since going by the original release, you'd expect him to be done with such activities once he finally embraced the role which he was destined to fulfill.[/quote]

I agree, it was really nice. I’m sure the original film wanted to emphasize that Simba was ready to take on the amount of work and responsibility that comes with being a king, so that’s what was focused on. But just because the responsibilities of the job come first shouldn’t necessarily mean that there’s never time for him to lie in his hammock or relax in the water. I would love to see some fanart of Mufasa doing that on the rare occasion he gets to, There’s a great one that exists, though, here’s the link: https://www.deviantart.com/isuru077/art/Hakuna-Mufasa-What-a-Wonderful-Phrase-613299997

It’s one of my all-time favorites, he’s too handsome in it! But, I’m getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic here. :-o
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CEVRAM » August 9th, 2023, 10:47 am

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Well, if we’re gonna talk about this scene, I’m going to have to talk about what made it special to me. 8-)

Looks like a battleship idling among runaway speedboats in that screengrab. [/quote]

Sorry for the space it takes up. I’m still relearning how to properly post images here.

[quote="CEVRAM"]But on a more serious note, I enjoyed this scene as well on a thorough level. Having a glimpse of Simba returning to his youthful carefree endeavors with the two characters who helped raise him after he had already taken his rightful place as king was a nice way to end the film, since going by the original release, you'd expect him to be done with such activities once he finally embraced the role which he was destined to fulfill.[/quote]

I agree, it was really nice. I’m sure the original film wanted to emphasize that Simba was ready to take on the amount of work and responsibility that comes with being a king, so that’s what was focused on. But just because the responsibilities of the job come first shouldn’t necessarily mean that there’s never time for him to lie in his hammock or relax in the water. I would love to see some fanart of Mufasa doing that on the rare occasion he gets to, There’s a great one that exists, though, here’s the link: https://www.deviantart.com/isuru077/art/Hakuna-Mufasa-What-a-Wonderful-Phrase-613299997

It’s one of my all-time favorites, he’s too handsome in it! But, I’m getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic here. :-o[/quote]

Indeed, it was an endearing gesture to show the audiences that the more laid-back and playful side of Simba remained alive and kicking going forward with him as king. This was not perceivable in the second movie though, where he's portrayed as an overprotective figure who's naturally distrustful of others and is constantly on his toes, worrying about those around him. It does make a certain degree of sense within the context of the plot of the film but on the other hand, it also poses a substantial deviation from his previous character depictions.

Oh, I can see why that fanart piece of Mufasa is so appealing to you. I must admit, he does look quite handsome and majestic in it.
CEVRAM

Telegram: CEVRAM
Pride Points: 0

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 10th, 2023, 1:37 am

[quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"][quote="CEVRAM"][quote="BrianGriffinFan"]Well, if we’re gonna talk about this scene, I’m going to have to talk about what made it special to me. 8-)

It’s one of my all-time favorites, he’s too handsome in it! But, I’m getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy off-topic here. :-o[/quote]

Indeed, it was an endearing gesture to show the audiences that the more laid-back and playful side of Simba remained alive and kicking going forward with him as king. This was not perceivable in the second movie though, where he's portrayed as an overprotective figure who's naturally distrustful of others and is constantly on his toes, worrying about those around him. It does make a certain degree of sense within the context of the plot of the film but on the other hand, it also poses a substantial deviation from his previous character depictions.

Oh, I can see why that fanart piece of Mufasa is so appealing to you. I must admit, he does look quite handsome and majestic in it.[/quote]

Thanks! It’s not my own, but I’m still happy to share it.
BrianGriffinFan

Postby BrianGriffinFan » August 10th, 2023, 2:34 am

I also kind of like think of Simba surfacing from the pool as symbolizing a kind of “rebirth” for him after all he went through. The scene in the rain before definitely has a sort of “cleansing” vibe to it.
Last edited by BrianGriffinFan on August 10th, 2023, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianGriffinFan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½