Feeling Love, from Timon and Ma's Relationship

Feeling Love, from Timon and Ma's Relationship

Postby Timon the great » February 6th, 2014, 4:16 am

No, it's not because it's February. But I'm not going to keep this under wraps anymore.

But does anyone here who likes or watches this film experience feelings of love, from Timon and his Mother?

This is a major reason why this film isn't just about laughter or jokes. But when I see this part near the beginning or the one below in my signature content, which is near the end, and even this one, I do feel love between them. Truly beautiful, of course. But it always feels very good. It really does. Image

I adore what the film creators did with Timon and Ma's relationship and every time I watch this film or see images of scenes between them, I can truly see that Timon loves her, as much as she loves him. Their relationship helps to show, and has helped me to see that love is the key to this life, how connected it is to it, and in loving others.

Again, it is truly good, no matter what others may say about this, differently. Son/Mother and in general. There is no doubt in my heart and mind about this. If people think this is weird or strange that I say these things and really favor their relationship because it's parental (and much more than Timon with Pumbaa), then so be it. But I know that love truly conquers all things in this life.

Will anyone else here admit the same thing that they feel love from them, in a reply?
Last edited by Timon the great on February 19th, 2014, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Feeling Love, from Timon and Ma's Relationship

Postby Zonofon » February 6th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Maybe I'm a little biased because Timon is my favorite character . But at the same time he is my favorite character because I see his love . TLK 3 would not have been my favorite movie if there would not be true love . It is very sincere . Timon and Ma scenes look very sincere because they have a small part of humor, but without this little humor they would not have looked so real .
As one great writer said : " Love - is to see man as God intended it ."
That is, to see the beauty behind imperfection . Ma always seen in Timon only the best. Let some say that she was his mother, but it is true love. She has not only seen only good, but also helps her son in all situations.
Last edited by Zonofon on February 8th, 2014, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby TheLionPrince » February 7th, 2014, 9:46 pm

I can agree with you that there is a strong sincere love between Timon and his mother. Some parents would just speak negativity to their child saying they'll never amount to anything or want nothing to do with their child after the reckless actions like Timon's were. While Uncle Max carries the disappointed parent role, I'm glad the writers decided to go for a more loving depiction between mother and son. It's really sweet, and a fine point to bring up in a movie looked down on by general Lion King fans.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MooLion » February 10th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Oh yes, it is very sincere a love between those two. This was one of those parts of TLK3 that show there was some deeper thought put into the film. It's lovely the support Ma always had, even when Timon seemed to be mucking things up. She was acting as a mother ideally should. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Carl » February 18th, 2014, 5:19 am

I thought the scenes of the two of them were really sweet, and it seemed real because many mothers and sons have a similar relationship. :proud3:

Actually, though their relationship isn't shown much, I think Simba's and Sarabi's relationship is paralled by Timon's and Ma's. Sarabi was shown to be caring and trying to fix Simba's fur and beginnings of a mane, kind of like Ma was always fixing Timon's hair and being generally motherly. I think the relationships were similar and very loving.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby EdtheHyena » February 20th, 2014, 9:31 pm

LOL, when the mom was panicking, "where's Timone, he could be hurt!!" at the end, I'm like, "geez, is anyone worried about Ed?"

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » March 11th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Well it's great to see that some have replied and do see this unique loving relationship from Timon and Ma. Even though I would somewhat have to disagree on Timon's actions in the beginning in his meerkat colony being reckless since he did initially try to do something for his fellow colony members.

But on the side of everything that I wrote in my topic post, I can truly see in a lot of scenes between them, how connected they really are to each other. I mean, take a look at this scene below:

image.jpg
image.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 3458 times

I can see that just this part alone does show a lot of visual evidence on how connected they really are from this film.

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I thought the scenes of the two of them were really sweet, and it seemed real because many mothers and sons have a similar relationship. :proud3:[/quote]
From what I have seen in actual life and like you've said, there are sons who are closer to their mothers than they are to their fathers, as I am. But it's definitely not always the case, because some sons actually do have a stronger bond with their fathers out there too, which is fine with me.

But it's always intrigued me how opposite sex parental relationships (mother/son; father/daughter) are, compared to the other way around. They tend to have this ingredient in them that gives them this unique personal attachment, that can't be found in a typical father/son or mother/daughter type. It's a special kind of bond, I would have to say.

[quote]Actually, though their relationship isn't shown much, I think Simba's and Sarabi's relationship is paralled by Timon's and Ma's. Sarabi was shown to be caring and trying to fix Simba's fur and beginnings of a mane, kind of like Ma was always fixing Timon's hair and being generally motherly. I think the relationships were similar and very loving.[/quote]
I think most people here and out there can agree that Simba obviously has a much stronger tie with his father Mufasa (which was the foundation of him finding his place in the circle of life and becoming king of Pride Rock in TLK 1), than with his mother. I can see that this is the expected direction the creators of that film wanted to take, and it seems this same formula also applies to Kiara and Simba in TLK 2.

But with Timon and Ma, it's different because I do believe most people (including myself) were Not expecting TLK 3 creators to bring this very interesting idea to surface about him. Not only having a general son/mother bond with Ma, but one that goes deeper to the point where even Timon himself is just about as lovingly attached to her as much as Ma is to him. Just like in this part.

Generally speaking, Timon does love Ma to the point that I do see that he would do just about anything for and protect her if need be. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 16th, 2014, 6:59 pm

I think people are looking into this too much.

Maybe I'm a little biased cause I don't really like the Timon of the movies, but I feel people are putting a little too much thought into this.
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Postby MooLion » April 17th, 2014, 6:06 pm

^ Well, it's a message board for discussions... If the thread makes a few (non-negative) posts after the original then I'd say it's a valid discussion point.

I think perhaps you are just being biased here because it doesn't interest you. ;)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 18th, 2014, 5:32 am

OK, I'm sorry.
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Return to The Lion King 1½