The Embodiment of Sincerity

The Embodiment of Sincerity

Postby Zonofon » November 26th, 2013, 12:58 pm

In these difficult times, when true feelings are sometimes not accepted, Timon is there to show me one idea about this. It's not the first time I have looked at him in TLK 3 like this, and I always have a feeling that this film was created with a soul.

Before I saw the film, I watched the “Timon and Pumbaa” show. This is where I first saw Timon and I liked it. But I felt that it was created to cash in on the glory of TLK, with many episodes in the series. A number is not always quality.

But when I saw TLK 3, I was very surprised that I finally saw Timon in the way I had wanted to see him in TLK 1 and T & P. I started thinking and then realized the fact that Timon is described in great detail in his film. Like a scene with Ma. It's all about the details, and it is important when he says his quotes. For example, this one: "My place is out there, Ma. Oh, I may not know exactly where or how far, but I gotta go!"

Timon says this, at the same time, with sadness and hope. This phrase cannot be separated from his tone. Together, they form a complete picture. He may sometimes interrupt what Ma says, but he can talk to her about his problems. He can joke and philosophize in general and all this in one movie. I think this is the real sincerity. Timon does not say cruel words here.

Only saying what you think right upfront is not sincere. This is called a lack of manners. Sincerity is when, with all of your heart, you feel for the other person and you're not afraid to tell him/her so. Not just saying standard phrases of politeness. Timon's sincerity is that he is not afraid to express his own feelings and sometimes weaknesses too like in this quote: “Oh. Truth is..., I'm all alone too. Pumbaa, you're the only friend I've ever had.” This is an interesting reincarnation of this comical character and In general, I can say that of course the main character in this sincere TLK 3 is Timon.

Some might accuse me of being bias here. But after all, he is my favorite character. In "Timon and Pumbaa", I do not think so. This show does not have deep ideas and is something to laugh and forget about. TLK 3 on the other hand, was created exclusively for Timon.

Speaking in general, "Timon and Pumbaa" is the personification of Commerce. But the show does have its own funny moments. Yet, I don’t want to offend anyone. But sometimes, TLK 3 is hurt unfairly.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: The Embodiment of Sincerity

Postby EdtheHyena » November 30th, 2013, 8:42 am

Well, I definitely liked Timon better in Timon and Pumbaa. That was where (I personally feel) the character was at his prime.

In LK 1 1/2, he completely abandoned his friends to live by himself. I was disgusted when I read this. I knew Timon could be a jerk, but...huh?

I feel the reverse of what you feel, sort of. Yes, neither is really better than the other--- LK3 has some very poignant moments, but is ruined by the silliness, scenes from the first movie, and scenes in the theater.

The T&P show is silly, but it brings on a warm sense of nostalgia that LK 2 didn't, and even at it's silliest, it was a nice, nostalgic, chill-out show. I feel that show is actually the one that is hurt unfairly most of the time, since people---including myself, I have to admit---dismiss it as being nothing more than a cheap money-maker. Maybe that's what it initially was. But as time has passed, it's become more than that.

Someone even said:

"As a child, I watched the "Timon and Pumbaa" TV series. But now it is only a remembrance of childhood.."

It makes me very sad that this show---that introduced me to the characters---has been left in the dust, something not even the (in)famous "Land Before Time" sequels haven't suffered, even though they ended a while back.

I'm not trying to bash TLK 3. I'm just saying that the series has it's strengths as well, yet it is generally overlooked, if not unheard of.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Zonofon » November 30th, 2013, 12:35 pm

[quote]In LK 1 1/2, he completely abandoned his friends to live by himself. I was disgusted when I read this. I knew Timon could be a jerk, but...huh?[/quote]
Everyone can make mistakes. I think it's so hard to admit mistakes, but Timon did it. If he was completely selfish, he would not have gone back to his friends and family and would not have risked his own life for them.

[quote]The T&P show is silly, but it brings on a warm sense of nostalgia that LK 2 didn't, and even at it's silliest, it was a nice, nostalgic, chill-out show. I feel that show is actually the one that is hurt unfairly most of the time, since people---including myself, I have to admit---dismiss it as being nothing more than a cheap money-maker. Maybe that's what it initially was. But as time has passed, it's become more than that. [/quote]
It looks for me nostalgic too, but no more. But I think that now I came to something deeper (I mean TLK 3).

[quote]I feel the reverse of what you feel, sort of. Yes, neither is really better than the other--- LK3 has some very poignant moments, but is ruined by the silliness, scenes from the first movie, and scenes in the theater.[/quote]
I believe that good and deep thoughts can be together with humor. They rarely interfere with each other. All the more so, I think that humor in TLK 3 is not silly...
Zonofon

Postby EdtheHyena » December 1st, 2013, 4:25 am

OK your grammar is terrible.

Timon changing his ways doesn't change what he did do. He was a complete [censored].

Do you really not love said show?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Postby Zonofon » December 4th, 2013, 9:29 pm

[quote]Timon changing his ways doesn't change what he did do. He was a complete [censored]. [/quote]
Do not mistake the only one who does nothing. Therefore I believe, that the most important is that Timon all done differently. If he would be a villain, he would not even realize that someone need help. Even in Christianity if someone sincerely repents, his sins will be forgiven. I think the key word is sincerely. And I repeat again that the full egoist will not risk their lives.

[quote]Do you really not love said show?[/quote]
"T and P" show only makes me nostalgic and a small smile. But I do not really want to watch it many times it, unlike TLK 3 which I watched a lot of times.
Zonofon

Postby EdtheHyena » December 6th, 2013, 4:44 am

OK. I'm sorry.

I guess I'm the worst person to argue about Timon, since I don't even like him, although I admit this movie definitely made me like him a lot less.

EdtheHyena

Return to The Lion King 1½