20%
The Lion King 1 1/2
80%

Total votes : 30

This or Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 13th, 2013, 11:25 pm

Let's find out which is better.

At least SB&E appeared in both.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: This or Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby Ninaroja » November 13th, 2013, 11:46 pm

TLK 1.5 >>>> The series

There's no comparison for me.

As a kid, I found the series highly annoying. We had three of the episodes on VHS and I couldn't stomach any of them. The theme song was the only thing I liked about it. But eh I wasn't really that into TV cartoons as a kid (I LOATHED Spongebob) I preferred animated movies.

I think when it comes to the hatred of 1.5 there is a tendency for people to jump on the bandwagon (I definitely used to do this). Compared to other Disney sequels I think it holds up relatively well. Don't agree with you about it being badly animated at all: it's better than many other sequels (e.g. Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 *shudders* ) and is definitely 100 times better animated than the series. When people complain about it detracting from the drama of the original or making fun of it I disagree. Timon and Pumbaa are the comic relief of the series. It was just meant to be funny. I know it is full of canon inconsistencies but we need to remember that these films are made for the general public, not just the die-hard fans. Most other people don't care about that stuff as much as we here at MLK do :lol:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 14th, 2013, 8:01 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]. When people complain about it detracting from the drama of the original or making fun of it I disagree. Timon and Pumbaa are the comic relief of the series. It was just meant to be funny. :[/quote]
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 9:09 pm

I didn't dispute that. I was only explaining the reasons I think TLK1.5 is better than the T&P cartoon, in my opinion.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Zonofon » November 16th, 2013, 11:52 pm

As a child, I watched the "Timon and Pumbaa" TV series. But now it is only a remembrance of childhood. TLK 3, I saw not so long ago, but I think it is a wonderful film. There is humor and a very serious things.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Postby EdtheHyena » November 17th, 2013, 6:00 am

Well, I can't say I love either---3 tries too much to reconnect with the original film and the TV series tries too hard to be something completely different. But the reason I dislike both is because they are too silly.

But they do have their upsides. As Zonofan points out, the TV series serves as a great remembrance of childhood, and 3 at least tries to be part of the series.

I can't say I like either, but I'm glad they exist. I just wish they'd make something up to par with the original---movie 2 just doesn't qualify simply because of the animation.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » November 17th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Of course, for me it's definitely TLK 1 1/2. It just does not compare to the Timon & Pumbaa show and it's much more realistic. Yes, as much as I don't support it especially concerning Timon because of the exaggeration of what many people call his "negative behavior" in it, the T & P show has some funny parts but for the most part, lacks in reality and meaning.

TLK 1 1/2 proves that it is a good film (despite what others say about it needing to be about the lions just because of the film series title), to the franchise because of it's better ability to connect with the original (despite all the inconsistencies and contradictions), than the second film can. Which truly did no better in this.

The emotion, direction and meaning found in this film, like with Timon and his Mother's relationship and even with what Timon experiences in his life from it, in part with the original, are good examples of what I'm talking about here. That said, this also gives proof that Timon is a legitimate LK hero and that this TLK film is not just meant to be funny, just because it's about Him and his family, along with Pumbaa.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby EdtheHyena » November 30th, 2013, 8:40 am

[quote="Zonofon"]As a child, I watched the "Timon and Pumbaa" TV series. But now it is only a remembrance of childhood..[/quote]

Why do you never watch it? To keep it that way, or what?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Postby Zonofon » November 30th, 2013, 11:28 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"][quote="Zonofon"]As a child, I watched the "Timon and Pumbaa" TV series. But now it is only a remembrance of childhood..[/quote]

Why do you never watch it? To keep it that way, or what?[/quote]
Like everyone else I'm not without a sense of nostalgia, so last year I watched a few episodes of this show. But I'm only more convinced that TLK 3 is closer to me. I am interested to see what has deep meaning.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Postby EdtheHyena » December 30th, 2013, 7:16 am

Neither really has deep meaning. They are money-spinners that are more often then not cheesy. I think the series was more successful because it had no limits, whereas TLK 1 1/2 is better liked because it has to do with the movie. But neither should really be taken seriously.

EdtheHyena

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½