Anyone but me think Shenzi and her pack made it worth it?

Anyone but me think Shenzi and her pack made it worth it?

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 5th, 2013, 7:41 pm

I personally think this crappy movie was worth being made simply because even if it was for two scenes :(...it REALLY gave my Shenzi Marie a chance to shine.

If only she had more scenes...:(
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Anyone but me think Shenzi and her pack made it worth it

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 7:44 pm

As much as I loved seeing Shenzi's 'sass', i wished we could of gotten a shot of Zira.. maybe seeing Scar's death. :(
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby EdtheHyena » May 3rd, 2014, 7:46 am

What sort of question is this...?

There is NO question that Shenzi, Banzai and Ed made LK 1 1/2 worth it. Thanks to their appearances (as limited as they were) I got the sense that Disney was at least trying to apologize for the disaster that was LK2.

Unfortunately, it didn't exactly end up being the "comeback" I wanted the trio to have. Like you said, they have way too little screentime, and it didn't feel like Disney was up for trying anything new with them. Sure, I love what they'd done with them in the past, but they could have delved into them more.

Well, that said, they are the heroes of another story, a story neither movie properly tells in full. It would probably be a good idea to make a cut of the hyenas scenes, showing their perspective of the film. Maybe fans could do voiceovers, like what happened in movie 3.

And it should be titled something completely different.

I know it's come up on these boards a few times about a movie with them being an idea, but given that it's been over a decade since the last one, it looks unlikely. That said, it's a fantastic idea, and one I personally think should be made, even if only by the editing of us fans.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » May 3rd, 2014, 2:26 pm

I do think the hyenas were a very important part of the film, and I certainly would have liked it less without them, but I don't think they're the only good thing about it.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to The Lion King 1½