Ma fans

Ma fans

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » October 29th, 2013, 5:31 pm

I absolutely loved Ma's character. She was so adorable and I love how she interacted with Timon. :ohgod:
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Ma fans

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Shenzi is better
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Zonofon » October 31st, 2013, 8:26 pm

Ma is a very good character. When I watched the TLK 3 for the first time, the appearance of this character was a surprise to me. I did not expect to see someone from the family Timon so well described.

I believe that she is fully compliant with the honorary title of mother (and I believe it is in some ways the title). She does not indulge Timon, but tells him the truth and useful things: "Timon, this can't go on. [...] We have to look after each other. Our survival depends on it."

She is always ready to support Timon and does not want to keep him close, but let Timon to go. Ma sees that it would be better for Timon : "Well, I hope you find what you're looking for, honey."
But when she learned that he was in danger, do not thought twice to go look for him and she is not afraid of anyone in this way. It's a great relationship.

And most importantly - the scenes of Timon and Ma cause very different feelings, from sadness to happiness.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 2nd, 2013, 10:07 pm

She doesn't look like in the TV series
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Postby EdtheHyena » December 8th, 2013, 4:38 am

Well, she's a litle funny, but rather bland, and I don't really eel like she or the uncle dude fit into the cast with the other characters. While most of the characters worked well into the movies, even if I wasn't particularly fond of them, the ones created for this movie just sort of felt like they were written in without much thought to the franchise.

I can tell she's pretty popular, however, and it's nice to see that.
Last edited by EdtheHyena on April 29th, 2014, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » January 16th, 2014, 7:40 am

Like my signature content shows, I do support Ma with Timon, and much more than with him and Pumbaa.

As Zonofon pointed out, there are definitely sincere and deep feelings between Ma and Timon. There is nothing this lovely and deep that I have ever seen from Timon with Pumbaa (and even just from Timon himself, but it's still there especially in this film).

Timon and Ma's relationship is one part of what saves this film from being unworthy or forgettable because, it Is something that's truly good like in my signature content and also in this scene between them.

Many people out there today, just don't seem to really look on or appreciate the truly good and beautiful things in this life anymore, and this TLK film serves as a very good reminder of those things. Perhaps, even more so than the other 2. Even if those moments in this film are considered "small" by many. Image

The only really neutral thing I must add about Ma on this topic though, is that just like Pumbaa, she wouldn't have too much of a purpose in this film away from Timon. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, even for more direct Ma fans. But of course, He is the reason for Ma's existence in the film.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]She doesn't look like in the TV series[/quote]
That's because she isn't a character in the T & P show. Only from this TLK film.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 8:04 pm

I LOVED Ma. She was such a lovely, sweet and caring mother. I wonder if Ma and Sarabi became friends? They have the same personality. Sweet, nurturing and dignified. :pretty:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Timon the great » May 3rd, 2014, 2:06 am

^Except with Ma, she actually isn't that different from her son Timon, which isn't bad at all. I like that she does have some "Timon-ness" in her because it also shows how connected they really are.

This is also why I favor their relationship much more than Timon with Pumbaa and it's all good in my eyes. Not to mention, sarcasm too, especially when she talks to Rafiki when she says: "Nice to have a supportive family, isn't it?"

I really think it's hilarious on the part where Ma is with Timon at Pride Rock and she basically goes crazy because she thinks Timon dies after he fixes the hyena trap, but thankfully of course he's not and then grabs a hold of him when he comes to her and shakes him until you hear his bones cracking.

It's funny but then quite lovely right after Ma finally realizes who she almost paralyzes in the process. It's so good when comedy and love come together just like it shows here and also in the beginning with them before Timon leaves to find his own home. It's truly good and can only be good.

I think the part before she realizes Timon is alive (as mentioned in the second paragraph above) is one of her best comical moments on the side of the part where after she talks to Rafiki, calls to Uncle Max and tells him that, Timon is out chasing metaphors; LOL. That's totally original, especially for a film made in Disney. Image
Last edited by Timon the great on July 12th, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Timon8 » June 16th, 2014, 6:54 am

I really love every TLK character. Ma is a fantastic one, and I really like her relationship with Timon, like Timon the great said.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 18th, 2019, 3:26 am

All mothers deserve love. Lol. I'm with all of you that Ma is a wonderful character. Such a supportive mother.
Last edited by MeerkatOnTheMoon on January 18th, 2020, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½