Hot tub scene---did it come across as sort of gay??

Re: Hot tub scene---did it come across as sort of gay??

Postby SimbasMate » November 14th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Seriously? Who cares? Saying that three guys sharing a pool is like saying three women sharing a pool makes them all lesbian. I don't think Disney even intended this; but who cares if they did? The fact is that you are taking innocent things and over analyzing them. I find this topic to be similar to the lions with clothes topic. :roll:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2013, 6:09 pm

*sighs* Idiots will be idiots, no matter what you try to tell 'em.
Last edited by SlayerOfLight on November 14th, 2013, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby juhouh » November 14th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Hahaahahah :lol:

This thread gets funnier day after day
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2013, 6:16 pm

^ You're in the military, right? This thread kinda makes me want to ask you to shoot me in the face.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ninaroja » November 14th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Nope, it was three friends relaxing and having a good time together.

Me and two female friends went to sleep in a double bed together after we got home from our formal last weekend. Would you consider that "gay"?

It is extremely clear from the scene that there is absolutely nothing like what you are suggesting going on. For crying out loud, it's a Disney movie! What on Earth were you expecting us to say?
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 14th, 2013, 7:57 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]Seriously? Who cares? Saying that three guys sharing a pool is like saying three women sharing a pool makes them all lesbian. I don't think Disney even intended this; but who cares if they did? The fact is that you are taking innocent things and over analyzing them. I find this topic to be similar to the lions with clothes topic. :roll:[/quote]

It's the whole nudity thing that well, ugh...
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 14th, 2013, 8:33 pm

[quote]What, do you want me to go back to thinking of him as nude??????[/quote]

If you want to look even more like an idiot, be my guest.
SlayerOfLight

Postby Si-Amber » November 14th, 2013, 8:37 pm

What is remotely awkward / strange about three friends in a hot tub? Nothing "gay" about it, not that it would matter if there was!
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby SimbasMate » November 14th, 2013, 9:09 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"][quote="SimbasMate"]Seriously? Who cares? Saying that three guys sharing a pool is like saying three women sharing a pool makes them all lesbian. I don't think Disney even intended this; but who cares if they did? The fact is that you are taking innocent things and over analyzing them. I find this topic to be similar to the lions with clothes topic. :roll:[/quote]

But if they were nude, was all I was suggesting.

First you keep blabbering non-stop about Simba being nude, and now this all of a sudden

What, do you want me to go back to thinking of him as nude??????[/quote]

Is Simba wearing a hat, a shirt, jeans, and underwear in TLK? Is Simba some anthro-furry? No. Simba is a Disney character. Simba is an animal. Animals do not wear clothes.
Does Pumbaa look like this in TLK?

No. They are animals. Animals don't wear clothes. We wear clothes. Does that answer your question?

Anyway, I'm off-topic. Please stop bringing this subject up, as it is getting old. :roll: I'm just going to let a moderator deal with this now.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 14th, 2013, 11:52 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"][quote="Simba the Lion King"][quote="SimbasMate"]Seriously? Who cares? Saying that three guys sharing a pool is like saying three women sharing a pool makes them all lesbian. I don't think Disney even intended this; but who cares if they did? The fact is that you are taking innocent things and over analyzing them. I find this topic to be similar to the lions with clothes topic. :roll:[/quote]

But if they were nude, was all I was suggesting.

First you keep blabbering non-stop about Simba being nude, and now this all of a sudden

What, do you want me to go back to thinking of him as nude??????[/quote]

Is Simba wearing a hat, a shirt, jeans, and underwear in TLK? Is Simba some anthro-furry? No. Simba is a Disney character. Simba is an animal. Animals do not wear clothes.
Does Pumbaa look like this in TLK?

No. They are animals. Animals don't wear clothes. We wear clothes. Does that answer your question?

Anyway, I'm off-topic. Please stop bringing this subject up, as it is getting old. :roll: I'm just going to let a moderator deal with this now.[/quote]

In the Timon & Pumbaa series, Pumbaa and Timon wear clothes 50% of the time and are practially as famous FOR wearing clothes as they are for being naked

also, Simba owns a drawer full of clothes (although he always appears naked)

Also, Rafiki wore a tux once, Zazu has worn a spacesuit, and Shenzi, Banzai and Ed wore clothes twice (shenzi: a ballet leotard, Banzai: an elvis tux, and Ed :a comedian suit, repectively, and later all 3 wore these director coat costumes. Banzai has also worn an apron and all three wore helmets once).

Also, just going by movies, Timon wore his hula outfit in the movie, Pumbaa wore a chef's hat (in 1.5) and SB&E wore skull helmets during Be Prepared

[quote="Si Targaryen"]What is remotely awkward / strange about three friends in a hot tub? Nothing "gay" about it, not that it would matter if there was![/quote]

if they're nude it might be

[quote="Ninaroja"]Nope, it was three friends relaxing and having a good time together.

Me and two female friends went to sleep in a double bed together after we got home from our formal last weekend. Would you consider that "gay"?

It is extremely clear from the scene that there is absolutely nothing like what you are suggesting going on. For crying out loud, it's a Disney movie! What on Earth were you expecting us to say?[/quote]

Were you guys nude?

[quote="SimbasMate"]Seriously? Who cares? Saying that three guys sharing a pool is like saying three women sharing a pool makes them all lesbian. I don't think Disney even intended this; but who cares if they did? The fact is that you are taking innocent things and over analyzing them. I find this topic to be similar to the lions with clothes topic. :roll:[/quote]
Again, clothing makes all the difference
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½