Timon's dad in real life

Timon's dad in real life

Postby DGFone » October 14th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Based on the Lion King 1 1/2 deleted scenes, Timon was originally supposed to have a dad, but for simplification, a lot of his dad's dialogue was transferred to Ma and the character removed from the movie. One deleted scenes showed that Timon's dad as a typical Meerkat: afraid of everything, and belonging to the colony and that's basically it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRl_liSsCl4#t=4m49s

Recently I came across a video about a Meerkat... who reminded me a lot of this Timon's dad. Not to mention, this very Meerkat complains that because all Meerkats look the same, that they might as well all be named Timon. Well now we know where that name comes from. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce9WX8xec1Y
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Timon's dad in real life

Postby Claws » October 15th, 2013, 8:25 am

Hmmm. really nice video!, tho I don't think another of these characters would have been necessary at all, the only two meerkat characters are already more than enough, in my opinion. Still looks good of a scene :)
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Re: Timon's dad in real life

Postby Zonofon » October 15th, 2013, 7:23 pm

The nature of a good source for inspiration. It is in itself beautiful.
About Timon's father: when I watched this movie I was not even a question of where is the father of Timon. Quantity is not always quality. In my opinion it turned out even better show a remarkable relationship between Timon and Ma. A father's role is well played Uncle Max. He is older, and therefore it is not only fearful, but more grouchy. This is greater contrast with Timon.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Return to The Lion King 1½