38%
I dislike it
18%
I hate it
10%

Total votes : 39

Re: How do you feel about this movie?

Postby moonsugar33 » August 11th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Honestly, it's been so long since I've seen this movie, I'd have to watch it again before I could be comfortable putting forth any thoughts on it.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Shadowfax » August 12th, 2016, 3:27 pm

I went with 'Its ok' I liked the animation and more cub Simba scenes were cool. And the fact alot of the original voice actors returned was also quite nice. The story however was a bit weak and made no sense really. Rewatch the circle of life scene in the first film.... preeetty sure there is no Timon and Pumbaa xD
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby CrispyLight » August 13th, 2016, 10:35 am

I LOVE TLK !!!!! :D :D :D :D
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...And love the lion king

Nickname(s): Call me anything !
Pride Points: 2

Postby Sarger » September 25th, 2016, 12:15 am

Let me just put it this way- it's nice that it exists, is a good laugh, and doesn't hurt that it exists at all. Animation is solid, voicework is solid, good music. Granted, some of the toilet jokes are out of place, but it's solid.
Sarger
wew lad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ay lads

Pride Points: 11

Postby Sushi » September 30th, 2016, 3:25 pm

I could quite happily live without this film existing.
Im not going to tell people they are wrong for liking it but it doesn't work for me.
I would say sat through it rather than watched it thinking, surely it can't get any worse. Well it doesn't but it doesn't get any better either.
I thought Timon and Pumbaa where overused in LK2 and at times where put in because they had to and not because they where important to the story. This is even worse. They basically repeat the original film and insert themselves into everything. Along with forced humour that often just didn't work i actually cringed when they went in for the sing along Hakuna Matata. We all sing along to it at least in our heads but, seriously?
Sushi

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby TLK_Kid » April 19th, 2018, 5:34 am

I actually only saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. It's okay, honestly it seems like a fanfiction that Disney decided to animate into a movie :lol: I don't consider the whole thing canon by any means, and while there were some scenes that annoyed me, other times I found myself laughing way too hard.

Actually, I remember when I was a little kid, I saw the "Digga Tunnah" scene at my cousin's house...whether someone was watching the movie, it was a preview on something else or it just happened to be on the screen, I'll never know. I just remember watching the scene, never having even heard of The Lion King back then, and that song has stuck with me ever since. Who knew one day I would discover that was a foreshadowing to my TLK obsession. :mhm:

Anyway, I don't take all of 1 1/2 as canon, it feels like a totally different story to me, but at the same time it's very funny and I accept it as a comedic take on the original. Not really my style, but that's just my opinion. (Plus, since the whole thing is told from Timon's perspective, I have no problem believing that he may have exaggerated just a bit to make himself the hero of the story.) :P

Honestly, the line "We're gonna get old walking across this thing," just makes the whole movie for me. :lol4:
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Littlefoot » April 23rd, 2018, 12:33 am

I like it. It's pretty funny and I love funny. However, I wouldn't be unhappy without it, because I don't know that it fits into the TLK franchise that well. I'd probably have to agree with TLK_Kid that it kinda seems like a fanfic that Disney decided to make into a movie, and also like TLK_Kid, I don't really consider it canon.
"I paid, but it's not slippery road surface. Finally, I was a taxi!" :sinister:
Balto forum: http://baltofanclub.proboards.com/
Land Before Time forum: http://www.gangoffive.net/
Littlefoot
Let your heart guide you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It whispers, so listen closely

Location: Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
Nickname(s): LF, Shane
Pride Points: 7

Postby Rogue Lion » May 24th, 2018, 8:03 am

It all depends on how you look at it. This is a story being told from Timon and Pumbaa's perspective so, given their character traits, some areas might be embellished for the viewers in certain places. Sure, they may have played a roll in looking for a new home, saving and raising Simba, helping him take down Scar, but remember that this is all from their point of view.

One thing I think of when I think of Lion King 1/2 is a Batman Movie called: "The Killing Joke." It's basically a classic Batman vs Joker story. The unique thing about it is that all during this DC movie the audience is shown bits and pieces of Joker's past that lead him to become the Joker. Nera the end, however, the Joker reveals that he doesn't really remember much of his life before he became the Clown Prince of Crime. He states: "Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another. If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice."

That is how I believe Lion King 1/2 should be looked at.

This is a story about 2 best buddies reliving their time during the Lion King moments in their own way, and they're doing it in a theater that at the end is flooded with Disney characters. The real story might be remembered one way or it might have something else entirely that they skipped over. The point is to not look at the entire thing as "canon" but rather events that played out in a way that the characters "believe" is canon. We as the audience need to let the first movie be the guide to see what aspects of Lion King 1/2 is actually fact and which are just exaggerated stories created by a meerkat and warthog.

But Hey! That's just a theory. A FILM THEORY! :P
RL ;)
Rogue Lion
Remember...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

TLK=Life

Nickname(s): RL
Pride Points: 1

Postby zerodix » August 14th, 2018, 11:29 am

it is my least favorite, there were so much possibilities and they went with this.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2018, 4:38 am

[quote="zerodix"]there were so much possibilities and they went with this.[/quote]

I agree with that sentiment to a certain extant. Even if they had gone with the idea of telling The First Lion King movie from the perspective of a different character, there were several choices that would have made for a far more interesting movie.

Nala, Sarabi, Sarafina (We would all love to know more about her).

However all those choices would have also resulted in a midquel that was darker that the movie it is set within.

I think that might be why Disney went the comedy route with this film. That or they desperately wanted to make sure that The Timon And Pumbaa series would no longer be thought of as canon of by anyone.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½