References to 'the lion king 2' in pop culture?

References to 'the lion king 2' in pop culture?

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2016, 9:33 am

The first movie has been referenced in shows like doctor who, king of the hill, the simpsons, animaniacs, the american version of the office among others.

The second movie doesn't seem to get as much pop culture love. The only tlk2 pop culture reference I can think of was in south park.

Cartman was vaguely describing Romeo and Juliet, and I think it was either Clyde or Butters who then responds 'Lion King 2?' Then Cartman says 'Yes, Lion King 2'. Not the first or last tlk reference in south park. I guess matt stone and trey parker are big fans? Big enough fans to reference the dtv sequel.

I was just wondering if there are any others.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: References to 'the lion king 2' in pop culture?

Postby matkiethelioness » August 25th, 2016, 1:23 am

I was going to comment the south park reference... :(
I got so excited when i saw it.
The second movie is so underrated.
matkiethelioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

in-train Pridelands historian

Nickname(s): Matkie, Cande
Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » August 25th, 2016, 2:45 pm

IMDb lists some references to Simba's Pride with some of them being just episodes of Internet shows that mentioned the film in reference to the Disney direct-to-video sequels. That said, IMDb is user-submitted information so there are probably other pop culture references not listed. In retrospect, Simba's Pride is not even close to being as iconic and well-loved as the original film so this is expected.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Alexterri1 » August 27th, 2016, 3:36 pm

I haven't seen any TLK2 references in pop culture outside of Internet videos and that South Park reference. It wasn't released in theatres, though, so that might be why
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Squeely » September 1st, 2016, 9:54 pm

There's a Steven Universe episode called "Lion 2: The Movie". Since episode titles are often references to other things, this is likely, in part, a TLK II reference.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride