What are your overall thoughts on SP?

What do you think of SP over all?

1. A horrible, terrible movie that never should have happened. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about it
3%
2. A terrible movie that disgraces the lion king. I only liked a few tiny parts of the movie: the rest can die in a fire.
No votes
3.A really bad film all around. There were some good parts but most of was really bad. It should not have happened, but it's not the worst thing ever.
No votes
4. Just plain not a very good film. There were enjoyable parts but over all it was pretty bad. I don't like this movie.
8%
5. Mediocre. There are good parts but there's also a lot of bad parts. I found the movie just "meh".
3%
6. A little better then just mediocre, but still not the greatest. It has a lot of good parts but also a lot of really bad ones. Over all just alright
21%
7. A pretty good movie, with a lot of enjoyable and memorable things about it, although it's still definitely flawed
28%
8. A really good movie. Yeah, it has flaws but what doesn't? It's a great movie that I would watch again.
18%
9. An amazing movie, almost as good as the original. There were only a few tiny flaws that drag it down: the rest is awesome.
8%
10. A perfect, flawless movie that may be even better then the original. There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
13%

Total votes : 39

What are your overall thoughts on SP?

Postby Alexterri1 » February 23rd, 2016, 5:59 pm

Personally... I give it a 6, although I would give it a 5 on a bad day, and a 7 on a good day. It's a decent movie and amazing as far as Disney sequels go but it's nowhere near as good as the original TLK. :p
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Re: What are your overall thoughts on SP?

Postby Rollo » February 23rd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby it means no worries » February 23rd, 2016, 6:20 pm

I hated it so much that I couldn't even finish it once-everything was such a massive let down from TLK 1. The music was worse, the anmation was far worse and Timon and Pumbaa felt forced into it. Also i Much preffered Scar as a villain than Zira.
Last edited by it means no worries on February 23rd, 2016, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » February 23rd, 2016, 6:44 pm

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

It is filled with continuity errors with the first movie, nala has too small a role and the songs while decent lack the pizazz of the first movies songs.

I do like kovu and kiara. Kovu is probably the most charismatic character in the franchise. Kiara is freaking adorable. I like zira as a villain. The animation, while not on par with the original is decent for a dtv affair.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Alexterri1 » February 23rd, 2016, 8:21 pm

Honestly my over all opinion on the movie has dropped a little as I've grown up. If you had asked me this question when I was 11, I probably would have given it an 8
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Postby Rollo » February 23rd, 2016, 8:36 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rollo

Postby Elton John » February 23rd, 2016, 8:40 pm

I can name one movie sequel that is vastly superior to the original.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not that CA:TFA was bad it's just that the sequel was way better.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Alexterri1 » February 23rd, 2016, 8:52 pm

Another movie sequel better then the original is Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Postby it means no worries » February 23rd, 2016, 8:53 pm

Dont wanna be annoying, but it's gettin' a little off topic!

I did like a few of the songs though ill admit. But they werent as good as the first!
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Rollo » February 23rd, 2016, 8:57 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride