Simba x Nala = Vitani?

Simba x Nala = Vitani?

Postby DisneysKiara » December 24th, 2015, 1:15 pm

I have a new theory for who Vitani's parents are. The most chosen theory is Scar x Nala.
Also Sarafina x Scar is a popular theory. I have another theory: Vitani is Nala and Simba's daughter who grow up with the Outlanders, that make Zira her adoption mother. Vitani calls Zira her mother in the movie but it seems like that isn't true cause Zira doesn't show any interest in Vitani at all. She has a lot more interaction with Kovu and Nuka. In the end of the Lion King 1 you'll see a new born cub who isn't Kiara. I know the creators called that cub Fluffy but that was before the Lion King 2 came out. If you look to Fluffy you'll see he has almost the same fur, under belly and nose color as Vitani. If Vitani is Simba and Nala's child which can be true it explains Vitani's eyes. But why should Nala and Simba banned their own child to the Outlands? I think this theory is might be true cause let's look to the other theories: Nala x Scar = Not Vitani. Scar is a lot older than Nala and Nala should never leave Simba. In the Lion King 1 there was no moment when Nala and Scar were together and in the end Scar died and before that Vitani wasn't there. Sarafina x Scar = No Vitani either: Scar and Sarafina are both older and if they got a baby Vitani would never be a cub in the Lion King 2. Maybe Sarafina can be younger than Sarabi but Scar was older. The nose shape of Vitani is the same as other outlanders. Maybe when she growed older she started to look like a outlander more and more cause she lived with them almost her whole life. In the Lion King 2 Vitani said to Nala: "Where's your pritty daughter Nala?" Maybe that was a sign. So what do you think? Can this theory might be true?
DisneysKiara
Kiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kiara

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 0

Re: Simba x Nala = Vitani?

Postby Carl » December 26th, 2015, 6:15 am

Sarafina may have been older, Scar as well, but lions age differently from humans, so the age isn't a reason to exclude them as parents. Additionally, Zira is older than both Simba and Nala, possible as old as Scar, and she has cubs, sooo... yeah, age isn't a reason to exclude them.

If Vitani were Simba and Nala's, she'd be in the Pride Lands, not the Outlands. They'd never exile their own child. Also, the creators of SP said that Fluffy is Kiara, and that aside, Fluffy's colors match Kiara more than they do Vitani. It's also preposterous to assume that Vitani's features would change to become more Outsider-esque simply by being raised by them. Also, the eye color is not necessarily an indicator of parentage.

The Scar x Nala theory involves the whole "Madness of King Scar" sequence that was deleted from the film in which Scar attempts to make Nala his queen before she knows that Simba is still alive. And yes, it's possible for them to have cubs despite that age gap. The sequence in question remains included in the Broadway version of TLK. Most people following this theory say that Nala gave Vitani to Zira for some reason or other, but it typically messes with the timeline because then Vitani would be more like Nuka-sized at the start of SP.

Vitani's comment of "Where's your pretty daughter, Nala?" is most likely because she's bitter towards the privileged and "beautiful" Pride Land lionesses whom she's been raised to hate. It was probably also implying that Kiara had turned tail and fled.

Vitani shares physical traits with Zira, Nuka, and Kovu. Originally, all three of Zira's cubs were going to be hers with Scar, until Disney decided to remove incest and said they aren't Scar's. This doesn't mean they aren't Zira's. Also, Zira shows a lot of pride in Vitani, from the brief moments we see them interact. She doesn't care about Nuka until his death. I have honestly never seen any indication in the film that any of Zira's kids aren't biologically hers, and without changing Simba and Nala's personalities, there's no way Vitani could be theirs.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » December 26th, 2015, 6:30 am

As far as Disney is concerned, especially since Kion is explicitely stated to be the second born of simba and nala, is that Kiara is the cub at the end of tlk2.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 26th, 2015, 11:18 pm

Lol why does everything in TLK has to be so... soap opera-ish. Like we never have any idea who someone's father is but God forbid it be someone we didn't see yet.
:-o :lol:

I don't think she is Nala and Simba's, to be honest. I don't have any specific reasons not to believe it, but I don't have any specific reasons to believe in it, either, and it raises far more questions then answers. Why would Simba and Nala banish Vitani? Why would Zira take her in? Why would she allow Vitani to call her 'mother'?
Fluffy is now either Kiara or Kion. When SP came out, creators directly stated that the cub is Kiara, despite the obvious differences in both looks and presentation. 18 Years later, TLG comes out, and it features a different cub of Simba and Nala, younger brother to Kiara, who resembles Fluffy a lot, possibly hinting that Disney is trying to erase their mistake and give Fluffy a new identity, all while fixing the SP continuity problem. Since in TLG it's directly stated and proven Kion is the second-born, there isn't much to say anymore, is there? Unless you don't believe TLG is canon.
Vitani and Zira aren't even shown together enough for us to know what their relationship is like. But, we do know that Vitani calls Zira her mother and generally seems to trust her a lot, and that Zira treats Vitani as her second-in-command and apparently as Kovu's replacement once he turns his back on her. We also know that Zira isn't a whole lot maternal, and the reason why she has interaction with Kovu is because she wants to turn him into a vicious killer, and with Nuka it's mostly initiated by him.
We can't deny Zira and Vitani look alike a lot. They have similar fur color in the shots where they are shown together, their faces look alike, and their body-built is similar as well.
Lastly, when Vitani taunts Nala about her daughter's whereabouts, it's possible she was jealous of Kiara and her good life, and wanted to point out the little princess ran off. But it does sound quite suspicious and out-of-place for her to say that, to be honest.

I don't think this theory is impossible, but like many other theories regarding Vitani's origins, it doesn't seem like something Disney would accept as an answer. On the other hand, it would make a fun fanfiction or something.
I wrote my theory somewhere, and it basically goes that Zira had another mate before Scar, who she had Nuka with. She was also pregnant with his cubs during Scar's death. He... kicked the bucket, or ran off. Scar knew none of the lionesses were loyal enough to him to give him good heirs [ or he was possibly infertile, genetically or because of his old age], so when he saw pregnant Zira with her small pride wander into Pridelands, he jumped at the opportunity to manipulate her into thinking he was a kind king who would be the new father for he cubs, especially the one he chose as his heir.
:evil:
It just seems more simple that way.
Last edited by Amadi_the_Guard on December 26th, 2015, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amadi_the_Guard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Carl » December 26th, 2015, 11:38 pm

[quote]Vitani calls Zira her mother and generally seems to thrust her a lot,[/quote]
Okay I'm sorry, but "thrust" is not the word you are looking for and really makes this sound inappropriate. "Trust" is the right word.

But yeah, Vitani and Zira do seem to trust one another and Vitani's existence with her in the outlands wouldn't make sense if she were Simba or Nala's kid.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 26th, 2015, 11:44 pm

^
Oh God, sorry! Thanks for pointing it out, gonna correct it right away.
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride