Simba and Zira similarities

Re: Simba and Zira similarities

Postby Hatari05 » October 27th, 2015, 12:39 am

I agree there though I'm not too hopeful on Nala while I've liked her in every movie not a whole bunch has been done with her. Simba though he's the main character of the franchise I mean yeah his role was reduced in one and half but he was still a pretty big player there so I don't really see that changing Simba will probably have a big role.

I'm assuming a supporting arc in the show will be the dynamic between Simba and Kion which I'm not sure I want we've had a lot of father and child relationships I would rather Simba and Kiara be close while Kion is more at odds with his father and is much closer to his mother. Nala would actually know more about defending a kingdom than Simba would have Nala be kind of a mentor to Kion giving her a bigger role than she usually is not to mention allowing us to see what kind of a parent Nala is.

This is just what I would prefer it would create an intriguing dynamic with the show you continue expanding on the bound between Simba and Kiara while showing Kion's relationship with Nala throw in a little conflict between Kion and Simba and I feel you have a good family arc.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » October 27th, 2015, 10:57 am

[quote="Hatari05"]This is just what I would prefer it would create an intriguing dynamic with the show you continue expanding on the bound between Simba and Kiara while showing Kion's relationship with Nala throw in a little conflict between Kion and Simba and I feel you have a good family arc.[/quote]

That is a very interesting idea. It is also possible that the The Lion Guard could show all the sides of the dynamic you mentioned.
Nala's interaction with Kiara was minimal in Lion King 2 showing how close mother and daughter are would be a great thing to see.
Even if Simba and Kion are at odds with one another some of the time, I know that their love for one another will not be in question. Also the idea that Kion does not see Simba in the same light of perfection that Simba saw (and lets face it probably still sees) Mufasa in could lend itself to some more emotional depth story-wise. Even though the target audience will not even grasp the significance.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » October 28th, 2015, 4:11 am

That's what I was thinking Kion believes that all animals can defend the kingdom Simba believes it should remain the lions responsibility mainly to maintain his fathers legacy though you could also have another reason be that Simba feels only the lions can really be trusted with this responsibility since only lions have really had responsibility and the other animals might not know how to handle it, while Kion believes all animals can be equal. Prove both right every now and again like maybe some time down the line Kion puts his faith in someone and they betray him. And another time it's the citizens who save the day not the pride causing both Simba and Kion to question their stance.

This could lead to a lot of things actually maybe even having Kion eventually question why the lions rule at all that could really shake up the whole mythology really especially considering the fact that Simba would probably question it if someone actually asked him.

Of course this is major wish thinking I can't name many animated shows that have delved that deep so while it's a suggestion it's by no means an expectation.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » October 28th, 2015, 9:13 am

I totally get that, but as many have said speculation is fun.

Actually Kopa did pose that question to Simba in a German Audio Play called Fight For The Throne.

Sadly I can not find the story, but here is the Lion King Wiki page if you want to read it.:

http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/Fight_for_the_Throne

One thing to consider though, is that for The Lion Guard to be as successful as Disney hopes The Lion Guard will at least periodically have to acknowledge that there is an older fan base watching the show as well. Disney did say, (and I paraphrase here) that they want the target audience and their families to enjoy the show. So while I doubt we will get the deep story lines that you suggest (Even though it would be awesome). I think it is safe to expect that the show may toss us older fans a veiled little something, that would let us know that Disney knows we are watching this show too.

Although it could also be that Disney's hopes for a Preschool show are not as high as I am hoping they are.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hatari05 » October 29th, 2015, 2:08 am

One would think that but I've been proven wrong before there are some franchise I watch that are unbearably kiddy and these shows are follow up ones that were far more mature so I don't feel that show is catering towards the people who liked the stuff before. I'm hoping Disney knows better.

Then again no offense meant to you or anyone here but look around across the internet and how often do you hear the term too dark it's pretty frequent while I can't the name the last time I heard someone say too light and humorous at least not vocally the former is far more common. So in truth I really don't know I'm not sure if a lot people now a days would actually care if it was kiddy I mean I know I would and a lot people here would but I'm not sure the general public would.

I know not exactly inspiring but that's my view I'm hoping Disney remembers why they became so popular in the first place but I'm just not sure I'm hoping the show takes itself seriously Lion King with the exception of Timon and Pumba for obvious reasons has never been kiddy the first two movies certainly weren't so having a kiddy show really doesn't make sense to me I'm really hoping the tone matches the first two movies.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 29th, 2015, 6:12 am

I feel the same way, For Disney to ignore there older fan base completely would be a mistake. I know the show will be aimed at a younger audience, but and I hate to keep making the same point over and over. The previews have this far been shown that The Lion Guard will at the very least not exclude us older fans. Nothing about the previews, thus far has screamed kid show to me.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » November 5th, 2015, 2:31 am

Have you gotten the book I saw a summary of it I won't give any spoilers but in short the tv film looks like act 1 of a movie it's not quite epic enough to be a full movie in itself but as the first act it's quite good and I'm not nearly as worried as I used to be, doesn't sound all that kiddy at all the tone seems to match the first two movies fairly well the earlier sections anyway. It's not as serious or dramatic as the second half of Lion King 1 or 2 but it does match the tone of the cub sections of each film probably a little more serious. Either way it looks like Lion King and my fears have mostly been laid to rest, I'm quite excited for the rest of the season actually.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » November 5th, 2015, 5:48 am

I decided to wait on the book I prefer to see the movie. I will however check the summery. I am glad to know things look so promising. 8-)

SimbasGuard

Postby Squeely » December 8th, 2015, 3:22 am

Thanks for pointing out the similarities between Zira and Simba, Hatari. I never would have drawn those parallels otherwise. Man, Simba's Pride just gets better and better the more you think about it, doesn't it? :kiaraexcited:
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Hatari05 » January 4th, 2016, 9:19 pm

No Problem, Always great to have a different perspective on things. I drew the parallels slowly however the final thing that confirmed it for me was a picture it shows Simba and Zira facing each other in a rather epic storm while we see Mufasa and Scar above both of them, I would post the image here but I don't know how to so here's the link to it if you want to see it, I find it to be really awesome.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 61701c.jpg

I always liked Simba's Pride but yeah it does I definitely agree with you there, in fact it's one of my favorite Disneys.
Hatari05

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride