My personal ranking of each song, and why.

My personal ranking of each song, and why.

Postby Elton John » May 26th, 2015, 2:08 am

For the most part I think this movie has a good soundtrack unlike most disney direct to video sequels I have seen. I recently rewatched the movie so I thought i'd give my thoughts on the songs.

1: Love will find a way.

I have a soft spot for tender, romantic songs. Maybe not as emotional as can you feel the love tonight, but close enough. I also think outside of my lullaby and he lives in you it has the best vocals.

2: he lives in you.

The movie version is good. The full version is much better. Gotta love Lebo M. It sets the mood of the movie really well.

3: we are one.

It's fun to listen to on its own, and fits the movie thematically very well.

4: my lullaby.

Gorgeous vocals, but I don't care for the lyrics much. A little boring but not a bad song by any means.

5: he is not one of us.

Not a bad song, not a good one either. Mediocre.

6: upendi

I do not like this song at all, i usually skip it whenever i rewatch.
Last edited by Elton John on May 26th, 2015, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: My personal ranking of each song, and why.

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 26th, 2015, 2:18 am

I respect them all
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » May 26th, 2015, 3:43 am

I also think each song fits the movie in it's own way, Very well thought out review. though.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DragonFromNewYork » May 26th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Totally agree on Upendi....I hate that it's kinda catchy....can't stand that song :argumentative: :ugh:
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Postby sweetface » May 26th, 2015, 5:24 pm

I think my list would be about the same. I honestly don't like SP much but the music is a different story.
sweetface

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » June 20th, 2015, 6:52 am

Well I have a bit of a conflict on Upendi since I used to love it as a kid. I still love it, its just not the best on the list.

My personal list:

1. We Are One

I love the vocals, the instrumentals, how it captures "the circle of life" without reprising the song or anything, its fun but serious, family related, its got it all for me.

2. He Lives In You

Almost the same as the first just not as good as We Are One to me.

3. Love Will Find A Way

It could just be my tv but kiara's voice is overpowering Kovu's which always bothered me but its romantic, its pretty

4. He Is Not One of Us

This was one I used to love a lot. I still do just not as much

5. My Lullaby

It definitely does not measure up to Be Prepared. While I cant expect that, its good, but disappointing after Scar's epicness

6. Upendi

Its still fun, I love that it's a light use of African wording, its cute. One of the main reasons I love this movie is the love story and its a song about the love story so eh lol
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby zerodix » June 27th, 2015, 6:55 pm

I loved most songs.
My lullaby was the other version of Be Prepared, in my opinion back then. I loved how the scenery was set up, and how the interaction between Vitani, Nuka and Zira was. (Zira kinds of smacks Nuka, she didn't really pay attention to Vitani) but Vitani also hated onto Nuka for his jealousy, which made it kind of funny as well.

We are One is my favorite song in the movie. It just states how a parent should be for his/her kids. That special bond and beeing there, and that you are more connected than just by genetics.

upendi, meh. It was not bad, but I found it over the top, and not really fitting with Kovu as a character.

love will find a way, is musically very good, but the text misses depth, in my opinion

not one of us, is a very unique, Original and dramatic song, also the views are wonderfull. The exile scene gives goosebumps, and the emotion gets to you.

(i believe no one of us came before love will find a way, logically, oops.)

about the opening song (I was thinking, what was that other song, oh, the opening song, lol) He lives in You
Since I am also a christian, this knife cuts two sides. It can be about Mufasa, or about the Lord above.
I love the celebrating tone in this song, and it sure gives the movie a magic start!

so far for my opinions. I just love SP in general, and I was absolutely not dissapointed when I saw it for the first times (and the hundreds of times that followed) I was 12 when I first saw it, and 2 years ago I saw it for the last time and still loved it.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Tembo » September 19th, 2015, 4:25 am

My personal ranking would go:

1- He lives in you: the song is spectacular. However,I prefer the Broadway version, not only because of the music but the truth is that it suited better that scene. Anyway the video was not nearly as good as the one of The Circle of Life.

2- One of us: this song is so beautiful, specially since they begin with the "and he is not one of us". And it's also a relief to see all the animals-not just lions- singing along.

3- We are one: as the movie itself, it is nice to listen to it but it is pretty shallow and it could have been so much better.

4- That's my lullaby: used to love it as a kid but now it seems just a lazy replica of Be prepared.

5- Upendi: not bad but forgettable.

6- Love will find a way: not bad but I prefer to skip it.
Tembo

Postby Hatari05 » September 20th, 2015, 8:24 am

Love Lion King II music included here's my list

6. Upendi the song itself is enjoyable but the scene just doesn't fit the dark and serious tone of the movie

5. Lullaby good villain song scary and brutal but it's the only song in the movie that i felt was trying to mimic one from the first the lyrics are good but it kind of does play like another slightly weaker be prepared.

4.One of us awesome and unique song unlike any other from any of the other movies rather serious having a much more dramatic vibe to it than other songs in the franchise.

3. Love will find a way one of my favorite romance songs in all of disney very touching beautiful melody and the lyrics and meaning of the song touch me personally really great song.

2. We are one one of my favorite songs in the entire franchise I also see it as one of the most important plot wise it has a meaningful message behind it and just sounds incredible in every way from the chorus to the african chanting in the background just everything.

1. He lives in you my favorite song in the franchise and one of my favorite songs in all of disney history the one in the movie is great and creates an emotional opening that while not as majestic as the opening of the first I feel is more emotional the full version though holy moly incredible doesn't even describe it the final chorus just sounds so beautiful powerful moving just everything really I listen to it regularly I really would've loved if the full version was in the movie.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Shawry111 » September 21st, 2015, 10:26 am

Agree to that list mostly, but switch 1 and 2 round and that's it for me, and yeah, In Upendi is the worst of them all; although kind of catch :ugh: :zira-happy:
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride