Havnt you ever wanted the background music?

Havnt you ever wanted the background music?

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 24th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Even though most of us have the Return to Pride Rock soundtrack. Hasn't it bothered you that we can never get our paws on the rest of the Simba's Pride music score?, and I know like any other sequels, we cant ever get there music its only the first films that release there scores albums, BUT STILL!, my TLK world is not complete without the rest of Simbas Pride background music, and I WANT IT! :practice: , does anyone have any ideas on how we can get a hold of all the rest of the music......without breaking the law that is :innocent: . THERE HAS TO BE A WAY....any ideas.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Havnt you ever wanted the background music?

Postby Elton John » May 24th, 2015, 6:30 pm

There should be a 'legacy collection' with the music from this movie.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » May 24th, 2015, 7:14 pm

[quote="Elton John"]There should be a 'legacy collection' with the music from this movie.[/quote]

Probably won't ever happen. DTV Disney films don't really get the luxury of such products like that, especially after so many years after the film's release. It's not enough of a high profile work to warrant a sudden official release of the entire background musical score after all that time.

The best chance there was for something close to that was if the composer, Nick Glennie-Smith, had passed around a bunch of promo discs to certain people and close friends or something(like with what happened to TLK 1 1/2's score). However, it seems individuals interested in the music will have to be contented with fan made rips(containing some lingering SFX/voices) of it put on youtube and such.

The score is actually one of the few positives I have with the film. It's not as grand and well-composed as the original's, but it's a serviceable output and has some thematic depth to it.

The melody of "Love Will Find A Way" is used as a reoccurring love theme/motif, and Simba himself has a new theme that appears every now and then in a few variants. Kiara and the Outlanders also have some minor material of their own that both get a handful renditions here and there. Finally, there's that action theme that's utilized a number of times, and you can really hear a prototype of "He's a Pirate" at play there, showcasing how that musical idea was slowly built upon by Zimmer's cohorts(and himself in some films he composed for) before PotC would get the final form of it.

There's also a reference to Hans Zimmer's "To Die For/Stampede" score of the original film during the movie's climax, which was pretty cool to hear.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » May 24th, 2015, 7:55 pm

I know there's not much of a chance, but a man can dream can't he?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 24th, 2015, 8:33 pm

I don't care how not that accurate it is, it still has some African sounding elements to it, and I still wish it was possible to own or download

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby HereWeStand » August 12th, 2015, 4:45 am

This is the closest it gets, the channel has a few Simba's Pride tracks that I imagine were somehow ripped from the film itself.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 12th, 2015, 3:53 pm

god I so want it! Im keeping this n my you tube account

gothprincesskiara

Postby Hatari05 » August 22nd, 2015, 7:14 am

The soundtrack in this was surprisingly good for a direct to dvd, Simba's theme is pretty good, the action theme would go on to inspire pirates of the caribbean. Take that in for a moment a theme from a direct to dvd disney sequel would inspire one of the biggest disney franchises ever. The love theme I enjoyed to but then again it is an instrumental version of Love will find a way which I liked. Nothing on the ost ever reaches the levels of To Die For probably one Zimmers best songs but it's a good ost none the less and I certainly would like to see it released.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 22nd, 2015, 7:56 am

[quote="Hatari05"]the action theme would go on to inspire pirates of the caribbean. Take that in for a moment a theme from a direct to dvd disney sequel would inspire one of the biggest disney franchises ever. [/quote]

It's more or less a sign of reusing material than being "inspired" by it.

Nick Glennie-Smith was involved with PotC's score as well, providing additional arrangements and music, so he probably assisted Zimmer and Badelt in making the 'He's a Pirate' theme fully realized. It's essentially a combo of his TLKII action material's instrumentation, and one of Hans Zimmer's motifs repeatedly used in Drop Zone(which precedes The Lion King's sequel and came out in 1994, most likely serving as an influence for TLKII's action theme), The Rock, and Gladiator.

All in all, this particular musical idea has had quite an interesting evolutionary journey.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby PrincessKiara » September 15th, 2015, 10:27 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]

This is the closest it gets, the channel has a few Simba's Pride tracks that I imagine were somehow ripped from the film itself.[/quote]

I love that score!! It`s so happy, playful and upbeat, it fits Kiara perfectly! I`ll have to check out that channel, thanks a lot for posting it. Have a Pride Point! ;)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride